Trail Tech Computers... Are They Any Good?

They work great... as long as the sensor is installed correctly and the computer is calibrated. I've run mine against a GPS for both speed and distance accuracy and it is definitely in the ballpark. Close enough anyway for what I use it for.

I was looking at the trail tech "enduro computers" and i was wondering if anybody had one or if anyone knew if they were good or not. :confused::bonk:?

What are you using it for?

I have the "endurance" computer and it works well as a speedometer but if you want it for enduros, forget it, it sucks.

They have a new one for enduros, the "lynx" but that's on backorder and the last time I takled to them they are still about a month away from catching up but of course they also told me that last month too. ?

Does the stock mount hold up? Is there another mount I need? I have protaper contour bars with no crossbar on a YZF.

i too was worried about the stock mount holding up, and with the rubber piece that they give you in place, the stock mount is as solid as a rock on my bars...

i dont think that there's a need for any other mount other than stock

Does the stock mount hold up? Is there another mount I need? I have protaper contour bars with no crossbar on a YZF.

They have a billet protector but I've run the stock plastic mount and I guess as long as it doesn't take any direct hits it holds up pretty well. I don't know about the handlebar size I have it on a standard size handlebars, I installed it so long ago I don't remember if it came available for different sizes but my guess is it would.

I had three of them. ? They are highly allergic to water, plus they are way too complicated to set. Took all day to set the first two,(with help from a competant friend) The third one never came out of the box, sold it to someone here on TT. I put a mechanical Speedo on my bike and have over 4200 miles and not so much as a hicup.

Jim

What are you using it for?

I have the "endurance" computer and it works well as a speedometer but if you want it for enduros, forget it, it sucks.

They have a new one for enduros, the "lynx" but that's on backorder and the last time I takled to them they are still about a month away from catching up but of course they also told me that last month too. ?

im mostly using it for desert riding. maybe for some mountain stuff like kennedy meadows and bas lake. i have raced once in the desert .maybe use it for that

After several riding buddies busted the bar mount that comes with the TrailTech, I used a Dremmel rotary tool to cut a form-fitting hole in my ProTaper bar pad and installed the computer in the bar pad itself. Sunk it in the pad about 3/4 of the way down (so just the silver on the computer is showing), and zip tied it through the bottom to hold it in place. It's in there solid and works great.

The good thing is this install turned out much better than I thought it would. ? The bad thing is all of my riding buddies that have computers are asking me to dremmel out their square bar pads and install theirs the same way. ?