Sign in to follow this  

Crf 230 conversion project bike.

Nice Job, Its great to see guys that take an Idea and make it work. Your quite the Fab guy, cant wait to hear how it rides.

Ya my goal was to have it weigh the same or less and I wont know until I finish it and put it on a scale. But the awesum thing about this conversion is that I have like no $$$ into it so I am out nothing if i don't like it. After buying both the bikes and all the parts I needed to make this happen I have not even forked out $3000. So i am doin awesum in that way. And thanx I luv working on stuff like this but just for info I am not a guy!! :thumbsup:

Very ambitious project! :thumbsup: I think you're going to have a great woods weapon when you're done.

Did you increase the rake on the forks? Looks like it. Good idea for a woods bike!

You might be surprised how much $$ you'll get out of the left over parts.

:thumbsup:

Ya we did increase the rake on the forks cause we had to cut the whole bottom of the frame up pretty good 2 make the motor sit lower in the frame. the 2 cradle bars on the bottom ran rite down the middle and they had 2 be cut and porta powered apart like a inch both sides, then we had to squeeze the frame together to weld it back up. But it will make it handle like a champ in the tight trails which are my fav. And for the parts I gave them all to the guy that helped me for his labor. :thumbsup:

but just for info I am not a guy!! :thumbsup:

LOL, Sorry i wasnt meaning anything by it, but thats great, and your one heck of a Fab Chick!! :thumbsup:

nice that is awesum. I did not take in hard in anyway. Its nice to not be the only chic. that rides. And thanx my job in kinda in the fab area. So it is really fun u just got to have a lot of time. Cause i wanted the bike done right the first time so i dont have to worry bout it later on.

Well I have finally takin the Gasona for a couple rides and it is the most awesum bike I have ever rode in my life it handles better then any bike I have ever rode. :ride: If I could do it again I would not change a thing. But I recamend if u are even gonna go threw with sumthings like this the gasgas frame and suspension is awesum and I have rode lots and lots of bikes and this tops any of them. All i wanna do 2 it now is hop the motor up more then I will be good 2 go. I will try do get sum pics of it on the trails and post them. :crazy:

Well I have finally takin the Gasona for a couple rides and it is the most awesum bike I have ever rode in my life it handles better then any bike I have ever rode. :cheers: If I could do it again I would not change a thing. But I recamend if u are even gonna go threw with sumthings like this the gasgas frame and suspension is awesum and I have rode lots and lots of bikes and this tops any of them. All i wanna do 2 it now is hop the motor up more then I will be good 2 go. I will try do get sum pics of it on the trails and post them. :crazy:

HMMM, Gasona seems to be leaving out a couple minor details.......

Looks like an awsome bike. Ive never seen her so comfortable on anything, on our one true ride it was hard to keep up. I will say however that they are not made to take out fences....... Someone might have been going a bit too fast in the test ride, and might have wheelied though a wooden fence. :cheers: The same someone might have broken a brand new radiator shroud. And like a bad friend i didnt even have the camra ready! :ride::banghead::ride::banghead::lol::banghead:

Well jolope also failed to mension that my throttle got stuck wide open when I went threw the fence. Funny how people leave out the most important part.

Well I finally got the bike completely done. I just spent the whole weekend workin on powercoating the frame and all the lil parts. The frame is mirror black and red. It looks pretty awesum i will post pics in the next couple dayz. I luv this bike so much i will never get rid of it but i do want sumthing with more power but that wil be later. :thumbsup:

Well im not sure where u got the whole 125 thing that makes me really confused cause i only had a crf230 and a ec200!! :thumbsup:

Wow, I wish I had the time. Very good indeed. Where is the battery?

Well the battery is very hidden itz in the bottom of the air box along with most of the electronics 4 the bike

NewImage111.jpg

Well this is the latest pic of the GASONA 230!! Well sense the last pics it has been completely powder coated. And it is all done. Just a few jetting issues and im ready 2 rock and roll. Its the awesumest bike i have ever rode in my life!!! :devil:

That is a very short silencer! I like the red sprocket, and great job on the project. Too bad 230's didnt come like that.