The good old Knock off vs Honda debate!

At what point does a Honda become a Knock off?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figure this will be a good debate. Is a red baron, bbr, sano, (all great companies by the way) a knock off? At what point does a Honda become a knock off?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

red baron, bbr, pitster, thumpstar, ssr etc all the bigger companies that make great quality bikes can not be knock off's, it's the little cheasy chines factories that make cheap very low quality bikes that cost less that $1000 are knock off's they 'copy' everything even the name of the bigger company and re-sell it, just out there to ruin kids lives and the bigger company by 'wrecking' their name with shit gear.

i dont see how the major companies are knock off's when they make their own gear and it's very different from honda.

I'm kinda curious where are thumpstars made? How about sdg? technically every bike thats not a honda would be a knock off would'nt it. well not the red baron bikes because they start off as stock crf50's before they mod them up. Kinda scary I looked at an Sdg the other day and it said right on the vin tag made in china, I bet all these aftermarket bikes in some way or another started off life in China. theres no doubt the quality control on a honda is much more supirior but there also 3 times as much. so the question becomes, what are you gonna use it for? If your buying it for you 5 year old thats gonna out grow it in 2 years anyways and also motorcycle riding may end up not being there thing, why not get them a $300.00 knock off let them get there feet wet then buy them a better bike. Shit whats $300.00 most of you pay more than that for a stupid video game how can you lose!!!!

In my opinion, if it uses a cradle frame and doesn't use a honda motor it's a knock off. So what's wrong with knock offs? I love knock offs. My wife thinks she's sporting a Louis Vuitton purse. Bought that

thing in TIjuana for 25 bucks!

i love having a knock off. i got a old raggedy gpx motor, some pitster parts, staggs stuff. a little of everything, that most call junk. but i got $1000.00 says that there aint a honda on here that will out horsepower me, and i don't care what you got......................................................

?

Havent never understood the honda thing. If its so good why mod everything expect the trans?

On "chinese" bikes at least the motor is good. (often).

Put 2500$ in it+bike, and be even for example with 1600$ pister/monster. I dont get it.

a knockoff is a copy of the real thing...a built up honda is not really some original bike that was made and is something you to all the mods yourself...pitster is a completly different bike than anything else also...so the only real "knockoffs" or things like the ebay bikes who try to copy bbr bikes, and the bbr perimeter frames and other ppls graphics etc with there junk 200$ bikes...pure crap replicas

there is no way in hell that any knockoff 50, 80, 125, any kind can beat my xr50 ? . and all of you knockoff lovers once your bike takes a shit and you cant find any aftermarket or oem parts for it then you will see why everyone else rides a xr/crf ? . thats just my 2 cents. :confused:

ok I'm only going to speak about pitster pro bikes nothing else .

pitster pro is a motorcycle company just like Honda / Kawasaki / Suzuki / Yamaha ect only the bikes are made in china not japan .

this is why pitster pro is a better designed and better built bike then the other imported pit bikes .

real quality control is built into each and every pitster pro bike unlike the ones sold at flea markets and swap meets ect .

Gary will and doe's replace failed parts for free ( doe's Honda do that ? ) ,or any other maker for that matter .

pitster pros are now able to be registered in california ( one of if not the hardest state to get this done in ) .

Gary has spent untold thousands of his own dollars to start up and operate a company which backs everything they sell 100% .

if you look around you'll see pitster pros at the races and offten they win against honda powdered bikes costing offten 8k more then a pitster pro total.

so remember you get what you pay for and your getting a lot with a pitster pro .

dont get me wrong, pitster, staggs, and some other knockoffs are pretty dam awsome and i would love to own one, its just funny how some people talk shit on honda 50s when those are the bikes that started the whole 50 craze. if it wasent for honda i highly doubt that there would be as many other brands of 50s out there meant for bigger people.

How long u been around? there are thousands of crf/xr products and 99% of them fit knock off's so

i'll take u up on that offer my so called knock off will blow ur stocker away. ?

there is no way in hell that any knockoff 50, 80, 125, any kind can beat my xr50 ? . and all of you knockoff lovers once your bike takes a shit and you cant find any aftermarket or oem parts for it then you will see why everyone else rides a xr/crf :confused: . thats just my 2 cents. :bonk:

Lots of opinions of this thread...

really a knock off is something that coping something else... Take a look at a honda 50 frame and then look at a "knock off" that should tell you alot right there. BUt I love my knock off and it hauls and goes big. So honda is a much better bike but I don't feel bad dropping 1300 on a knock off and have it smoke a honda. It just fits my budget but if I was big ballin I'd have a sick honda for sure