Sign in to follow this  

The good old Knock off vs Honda debate!

i consider a bike to be a knock off if it can share most of its parts with a honda. because at that point you know that a lot of the specs were copied and caried over.

i got a cheap chinese bike and i regret it now.

first off the shock was shot. it was competly bottomed out and frozen. we tried EVERYTHING to get it unstuck. no go.

now i am having a problem with the stator/magneto (w/e you wana call it) it seems to be corroding and the bike wont start so i have to take the cover off and spray it with a buch of battery cleaner.

The best bet for a pit bike is probably to not start with a honda and build it from the ground up with aftermarket parts.

The best bet for a pit bike is probably to not start with a honda and build it from the ground up with aftermarket parts.

that makes no sence??? do u mean to start with a honda??

He's been huffin that battery cleaner.. Hey as long as you have a good time what difference does it really make. isnt pitbikes supposed to be a sickness, a frame of mind, you guys should worry more about when and where your going to ride next instead of what you ride!!!

jeez i didn't think that people cared this much about knockoffs vs. hondas, i figured if it looks like a Honda (cradle frame, worst design ever by the way) then it must be as good as a Honda. See if you think about it, you could buy a Honda trans, (you dint even need cases) then practicly you can buy the aftermarket parts for the rest of the bike. BBR and RedBaron together make just enough tricked parts to build a bad ass bike from scratch. And i don't see what all the hype is about the pitsterpro- the swing arm looks like the designer couldn't find a ruler, its all bent for travel when the shock cant compress to touch the engine anyway. Jeez thats my two cents for ya :ride::ride::crazy::lol:

i love having a knock off. i got a old raggedy gpx motor, some pitster parts, staggs stuff. a little of everything, that most call junk. but i got $1000.00 says that there aint a honda on here that will out horsepower me, and i don't care what you got......................................................

See sig...:crazy: Just messing with you, my 50 is slow.

Seems like half of the NOS OEM Honda parts I buy for my minis say "Made in China" on the packaging..... You Honda loyalists are riding bikes with Chinese parts all over your bike.... :crazy:

Guessing the important items like the cases/crankshaft/transmission are made by Honda...everything else I will likely replace.