Autodecomp Cam in '02 - Disappointing

I bought an '02 YZ250F two weeks ago to begin riding again after a 25 yr layoff. Having only been able to start it twice in the last week, I decided to install the '03 style cam. Very disappointing on two fronts. 1) After not working on bikes for so long I was looking forward to the mechanic aspects of the mod and rehoning my skills.....but it's really easy and fast. Took all of an hour! :confused: 2) After I had everything back together, I turned on the gas, pulled out the choke and gave it one squirt of the throttle. I decided to give the starter lever a gentle push to get a feel of the effort...and the darn thing started! ? This kind of disappointment I can take everyday. ?

I purchased at www.ncyyamaha.com, in their online store. I just checked and do not see a cam listed right now. Also, lots of TTers have used and like the Hot Cams exhaust camshaft. Some report a difference in performance between the Hot Cam and the Yamaha unit. I went with the Yamaha part because I happened to find it cheaper than the Hot cams I looked at.

Good Luck. The change is definitely worth the time/$ from all reports. ?