I cant wait for this....!!!!

Ya but what about if you decide to get a new pipe or air filter? You'd have to get some little programmer like the Power Commander they have for sport bikes. Thats like 300 bucks right there, plus a laptop or something to get the new injection maps....

No thanks, I'll stick with my bits o' brass!

Ya but what about if you decide to get a new pipe or air filter? You'd have to get some little programmer like the Power Commander they have for sport bikes. Thats like 300 bucks right there, plus a laptop or something to get the new injection maps....

No thanks, I'll stick with my bits o' brass!

I am sure they wont make it that hard and complicated to do.

I really fail to see the appeal, for one its more expensive. On top of that more shit to break, plus I dont see a problem with a carb. A carb is better for racing for the most part. finally, jetting isnt even hard, it takes all of ten minutes.

i agree, and ive also got a feeling they are gunna have som emajor teething problems along the way, but make no mistake they will still charge an arm and a leg for the bikes...

NYMXer. You don't need a battery for FI. Arctic Cat snowmobiles have had the tech. for years.

Thanks for pointing this info out to me. I will research how Arctic Cat does FI w/o a battery. It must be mechancial injection. Either way, no battery means no added weight. ?

Thanks for pointing this info out to me. I will research how Arctic Cat does FI w/o a battery. It must be mechancial injection. Either way, no battery means no added weight. ?

im not totally sure but i think i heard someone saying they would need to run a bigger magneto to get away without a battery :confused: please let us know what you find out. ?

i was just looking around and found this explanation of how outboard motors run Fuel injection without a battery.

Earlier I read this engine uses an electric fuel pump. It also has an EMM, which is basically a computer. How is such an electrically dependant motor able to start and run without a battery?

A - Simply put, just like any rope start motor, it generates its own electricity. To make a comparison, lets discuss the electrical system of a carbureted 25 horsepower 2-stroke for a moment. The basic system design has been around for over 25 years. Underneath its flywheel is a single charge coil, which produces the voltage to operate the ignition system. There's also a very small stator to provide electrical power for AC Lighting or optional battery charging and, there's a sensor coil which provides the ignition timing.

Since Evinrude E-TEC doesn't need a charge coil or a sensor coil (because these functions are controlled by the EMM), a full-diameter stator which uses more windings compared to the 25 model above, is employed. Powerful rare earth magnets are used on the flywheel and, by adapting our patented switching stator technology, the stator is able to generate more current at lower rpm.

The voltage required to turn on and "boot up" the EMM is delivered in a few milli-seconds. By integrating pulse width modulation technology (which has been used on electric trolling motors for decades), we are able to power up the electric fuel pump and not put an excessive demand on the electrical system while starting the motor. The EMM and fuel pump power up take place in the first third of a revolution of the flywheel. The EMM then determines crankshaft position via a sensor which "reads" the flywheel encoder vanes - all of this occurs within the first complete flywheel revolution. This leaves plenty of rope to pull and provides ample voltage to subsequently fire the injectors and ignition and get the engine running.

praying for it in 07, i cant make my 02 last another season. ? i hate jetting, i would much rather plug my laptop into my bike. i used to take my laptop to the track when i was racing an rc51. i would download a ton of fuel maps and then depending on temp, elevation, etc, use the one that best fit that day. worked awesome ? takes your laptop about 30 seconds to boot up, then about 30 seconds to download it to your bike...... hard to beat that :confused:

The Cannondale quads (an dprolly the bikes, but I dunno) came with fuel injection AND had a handheld programmer FROM THE FACTORY. At a race, I watched on of the local A riders in practice on one. He'd make a lap, pull over at the track exit and his crew would plug int he prgrammer, make a few changes, and off he'd go. He did that for about three laps 'til they got it spot-on. That's be hellaciously nice rather than having to deal with jets. Not that jets take a ton of time, but man, pragramming FI is so much easier.