Anyone been to Longview MX recently?

I was out there friday from 10:00 till leegs were cramping up at 3:30.The track was in really good shape.Even thouhg I was my first time.I thougt it was fun.I rode burnt ridge all last summer.So I would consider it another spot to ride.I grew up on a sand trck so I enjoyed that allso.I will be out ther again.It was only 20.00 for 10:00 till dawn.

I rode there Sunday for the first time. It rained hard Sat. so it was a bit muddy in the morning but it was perfect most of the day & quite dusty around 3:00 pm.

What I liked most about it was it had a lot of jumps that weren't do or die. Very beginner friendly. I'm a trail rider & this was my first experience on a tight MX course (been to Eddieville but it's more high speed & roomy). I think I made a lot of progress because of the friendly track design. I went from intimidated, to where I was doing all but one of the doubles & doubling into the triples & clearing a small table. Much more than I thought I would do when I first got there. There's a BIG table top that I don't know if I'll ever make. I'm afraid the foot-pegs on my woods bike (EXC) might fall off at any moment after making it about 7 feet short of the transition. I backed off after that. Some guys really aired it out on that thing. Very cool to see. :ride:

I also liked the sand track but both my buddies on 250F's did not like it as much. There was also a nice kids track.

Good track for a beginner to develop some skills & still some stuff for those with skills. :crazy:

:ride:

Steve

We were there Sunday also. Its a fun track for Beg.s and Jr.s. Alittle too easy for more advanced riders. But very nice dirt in the AM. It got too dusty with no watering. I cant believe how crazy it is for parents to let little kids on 65cc bikes out on the track. They just dont have the judgement to be around big bikes (although I know there are exceptions). I saw a couple of very close calls and had one myself. They have a great peewee track close by and it only had a couple of bikes on it. I want them to have fun too, but without getting hurt.

Funny you mention the 65's. I didn't have any trouble with them but I did get passed by one on first lap. It was my inspection lap. I didn't have any trouble with any of the riders out there but I wasn't being real aggressive either. I'd let people pass without any fuss & I did some passing too.

I suppose a young rider might be more inclined to change lanes & get underneath someone.

:crazy: