Radiator side panels and graphics

Broke my radiator side panel and ripped off the graphics. I think it's time to buy new ones but where. I want something that will look nice and not come off the tank like you put some paint stripper on it. Those big bubbles that form under some tank graphics can look bad. Radiator side panels that don't stick out as far would also be nice. One more thing, a new seat cover is also needed, I guess the I fell harder then I thought! ?

[ November 20, 2001: Message edited by: slammer ]

If you want some well made graphics try Factory Effex. If you don't want the graphics to peal they need to be perforated. I think the web site is factoryeffex.com I also like the different shrouds but you will have a very hard time finding graphics for them. I'm not sure where you get those shrouds (Cycra?) but there is a Yoshimura graphics/seat kit that I do know about available for them at Hipersports website.

Cycra shrouds are the only shrouds that will tuck in tighter than stock. I just put on a set and love them. Bad part is...there are no graphics available, unless you ride for team Suzuki(according to Cycra). N-style makes the graphics for Suzuki, but as far as I know, they aren't available to the public. Everyone I've talked to says that Hipersports isn't selling the Yosh. graphics. I like the way mine looks without the graphics. I'm going to make some custom graphics when I get around to it. Here's a pic of mine right after I put the shrouds on. My tank decals were still on then.

drz_left_11_08_small.jpg

I got the Cycra shrouds..After bugging the hell out of N-Style they finally sent me grafics the fit the radiator shrouds. They sent me the Team Suzuki Offroad kit. They told me to that they werent available to the public. I wouldnt except that answer and i just kept talking to different people untill they agreeded to send me some. The 2002 offroad kit with the oversized radiator shroud grafics will be available to the public when they come out in late January

about a month ago i spoke with BTO SPORTS they talked to n-style. they have no more of last years team graphics in stock. soon to be makeing new design. however BTO ,at the time had a secondary parts source that said they had 8 sets in stock. so you might want to give them a try. hipersports at the time i talked to them had none in stock. hope this helps ?

• 2 weeks later...

Cal, your shrouds do not look bad without graphics. I agree though, I do like the Cycra shrouds, they are way narrower. I ordered the clear ones, and didn't like the way they looked on my 01 yellow s. I sent them back for the black ones. I'm thinking of putting a yellow Suzuki 'S' on both sides of the black shrouds. BTW, is that a home made bike stand?

Yes, the stand is home made. 1 1/4" galv. perforated angle. All bolted together. It ain't the prettiest thing but it works and was about $20 total. I was going to make one out of aluminum and make it look like a "real" stand, but the materials were going to cost about $45. Too close to actual price of a stand.

I think that he still has the stock forks. It is hard to tell with the old style RM 250 front plate (with fork guards) and the "seal savers", but they look conventional to me. I also went with the old RM 250 front plate, but I left the fork boots on. Any time you can add a layer of stiff protection like that to protect your forks from rocks etc. I would highly recommend it. The negative is, no more headlight = less visability to the boneheads that ride the trails backwards.

I agree that the shrouds look good (his whole bike looks good). Maybe Santa?