Throttle Messed up....

Yesterday i put my new triple clamps and handlebars on. When i put the throttle sleeve was very hard to twist and i had manually twist it back. Do i loosen the cable or what? Please help because i want to go riding tomorrow. Thanks alot.

play with re running the cable a different way. its to tight

Which one is the re-running cable?

LOL... Sorry

Re-running meaning re-route the cables.

Do you have the throttle tube pushed onto the bars too far? The end of the tube may be rubbing the bar end. Make sure the throttle tube is clean inside. Use some WD-40 on it. And like BlacksCreek said play with re-routing the cables. They shouldn't be pulled too tight or twisted around each other. Also, spray a little white lithium grease on the throttle tube pulley and cable ends.

If you can, you should lube the cables. Those little $10 cable lubing deals work pretty well. You'll have to disconnect the cables from the carb to do this. And keep spraying until it comes out clean on the other end. (carb side)

good luck

Yeah I agree with the tube being pushed on too far, I always back it off about 1/8". Get a pair of cable spacers and run the cables parallel with each other, it should make the throttle work awesome. You can get the spacers from WMR.