MXTuner..Suspension

You seem pretty knowledgable on suspension so here's a question for you. After installing the Zip-Ty Racing Link on my WR, I notice that the rear tire has a tendency to come out from under me more, under hard throttle conditions. It's become a lot harder to keep the bike pushing in a straight

line and I'm guessing that the low and high speed compression damping need to be stiffened and the rebound damping stiffened also. Am I on the right track or am I approaching the problem backwards? I initially tried to soften all 3 settings but it didn't seem to help? BTW, that Link lengthens the usable extension of the rear shock by approx. 3/4". Not real sure how that effects suspension geometry ? Any help

would be greatly appreciated.

------------------

Y2K WR400FM,Answer top tree w/Accu-Trax clamp,Pro-Tapers(CR-Hi w/ EE handguards),Devol Rad. & frame guards, Guts tall soft foam w/ ballistic cover, 14/52 w/DID VM X-Ring, Kouba-T,Michelin M-12's ft.& rr.,12 oz. flywheel weight, Zip-Ty Racing Link & Shark Fin(plus everythhing else cool that Ty offers), Cycra front rotor guard and T.M. Designworks Chain guide, buffer & chain wheels. Street legal except for the non-"DOT" tires.

Sorry Guys,

I've had MXTuner all to myself this afternoon doing his magic on my front forks. Let me tell you folks....I've spent alot of time discussing suspension's with many folks. Including Race Tec....This guy knows his stuff....

Thanks for the work Mark.

Bonzai grin.gif

I have no experience with the Zip-Ty link. Give me a little help here. What does the link do? You say it lengthens the useable extension of the shock. Hw does it do that? Without resetting the sag, does it raise or lower the seat height? Once yo give me this info, I can make a closer attempt.

------------------

MX Tuner

Pete,

So far so good, Played with it a little this evening. Feels 200% better so far. I'm going to completely wring it out on Saturday. The price that MXTuner gave me to to a complete inspection, re-valve (Gold Valves) and seal change was well below what MXTech, RaceTech and my local shop gave me. I watched every step of the procedure and to say the least I was very impressed with marks professionalism and attention to detail. He checked every piece of every stack and disassembled every piece, unlike the Race tech videos which don't disassemble and check the cartdrige components. This is the first rebuild I have seen Mark do but I have seen several other bikes he has done including production bikes. I recommend that before you send off your suspension to some unknown individual in a production facility that you can't speak with after your suspension has been built, get in touch with MXTuner. I don't know any unsatisfied customers.

Good Luck....

Bonzai grin.gif

Yamakaze,

Thats great !!!!!! Thanks for the info. on the suspension, maybe MX-Tuner can E-Mail me at Champion187@core.com. Never can get to much advise. Also, were did you get those hand guards, I slid out last weekend and just found a use for them, while I was laying on the ground with my fingers jammed behind the clutch. blush.gif -- Have fun and ride safe grin.gif

Pete

Originally posted by WRFUN:

Yamakaze,

Thats great !!!!!! Thanks for the info. on the suspension, maybe MX-Tuner can E-Mail me at Champion187@core.com. Never can get to much advise. Also, were did you get those hand guards, I slid out last weekend and just found a use for them, while I was laying on the ground with my fingers jammed behind the clutch. blush.gif -- Have fun and ride safe grin.gif

Pete