Tire mounting/dismounting?

get a good set of thin (for pitbike tires) tire irons, at least one 6 inch opening ''c'' clamp to keep the bead off the rim , tape so you don't scratch the rim , and baby powder to put inside the tire so the tube doe's not chafe .

allow your self plenty of time or you'll pinch the tube and have to start over .

yes putting the tire in the over or even the sun will help somewhat.

To add to DEMONDAVES post, I use soapy water and no tire irons on the final portion of the install--just push hard. This was with millvilles and other tire may vary. I pinched two tubes and finally got mad and did it this way.

once yoiu have the tire and tube off take a long piece of ducktape and split it down the middle. Wrap it around the wheel where the spokes are so a spoke won't pop the tube if it comes loose.

take it to a bike shop and you will have no busted nuckles
I highly recommend this!!!I tried changing the tires on my Polini pit bike and I was using all the right stuff and for me to get that last bit of tire on, the tire iron flipped up and hit me right above my eye on the bone, and I got a concussion,cause it slapped back at me.just do it the easy way and take it to a shop. Its only like 10 or 15 dallors and have them put the extra thick tubes in, so ur worry free about flat tires.

I highly recommend this!!!I tried changing the tires on my Polini pit bike and I was using all the right stuff and for me to get that last bit of tire on, the tire iron flipped up and hit me right above my eye on the bone, and I got a concussion,cause it slapped back at me.just do it the easy way and take it to a shop. Its only like 10 or 15 dallors and have them put the extra thick tubes in, so ur worry free about flat tires.

Classic... you got a concussion from a tire iron ? Sorry but that is really funny.

I've been taking the wheels to the bike shop for tire changes. But its $20 a pop. At this point I could have bought some really nice tire irons. Is it really that hard?