Anyone here in the US able to get their hands on a yellow 2002 DRZ400S?

The dealer is telling me that Suzuki will be releasing the yellow 2002s to the US market this week or next. Is this accurate?

I've been waiting on them to get one in for a few weeks now and I'm not sure if they are just pulling my chain on this to keep me hanging on. :)

[ November 23, 2001: Message edited by: Evets411 ]

Our local dealer has had a yellow S on the floor for about a month.

You're sure it was a 2002?

If so, I may have to have another talk with the dealer. Even if the wait was going to be long, I'd rather they just play it straight with me.

The dealer by me has had the 2002 S for a few months now.

Brampton Ontario CANADA

I stop in at my dealer fairly often, and he still hasn't received any '02's. He has plenty of other models, but he said they'll push the date back and then not give him any info on ship dates at all. Rather strange that they would have such a long delay when they aren't changing anything significant.

I work at a Suzuki Dealership in Niagara Falls NY. and have already sold two DRZ "S" ... Both in yellow. The first new model year shipments go to the dealers that have the largest sales numbers in a particular catagory, in the previous year.

Dave Kessler

Well I suppose the dealership I'm working with may be on the level and just haven't received their shipment yet. They seem to be nice people and quoted me a good price, including delivery to Austin. I just hope it's not going to take too much longer because each day I don't hear from them I wonder if I could be working a better deal elsewhere. :)

[ November 26, 2001: Message edited by: Evets411 ]

[ November 26, 2001: Message edited by: Evets411 ]

call 305 557-1311 ask for Todd he'll give you a good deal on one and they should have 02 in yellow

Thanks for the 411 CrazyCraig. Todd indicated that they haven't received any at their location either, but he was good to talk with. I'll probably just stick with the dealer I'm currently working with.

Thanks all! :)

The dealership here on Long Island has had a Yellow and a Blue 2002 S model since September. I picked up the yellow one the first week of October. I haven't been back so I don't know if they ordered any more Yellow 02's.

Good Luck!

I bought a 2002 Yellow DRZ400S today. It really seems like a great bike. Was picked up in Londondery NH at Cycle World. It was received Friday at this dealer. It was still in the box when I called so they assembled it for me from 10:00AM to 1:30 PM Saturday. So far I've ridden it 75 Street miles.

Originally posted by Brucedrz:

I bought a 2002 Yellow DRZ400S today. It really seems like a great bike. Was picked up in Londondery NH at Cycle World. It was received Friday at this dealer. It was still in the box when I called so they assembled it for me from 10:00AM to 1:30 PM Saturday. So far I've ridden it 75 Street miles.

Congrats on the new bike!

If you have not changed tyres yet watch those trailwings they are spooky off road.

The dealership called me last week to tell me the bike was in! Still working out the financing with them. I am very excited!!

I've read a lot about the stock tires. Should they be replaced immediatly? Are they really that bad? :)

Originally posted by dendrz:

Congrats on the new bike!

If you have not changed tyres yet watch those trailwings they are spooky off road.

dendrz, your so right about the trailwings. They don't hook up at all on moist hard packed clay, it's like riding on ice. :) Can't wait until they wear out. :D

brucedrz, congrats on the new bike. It's got to be an awesome bike if the suspenders are EVEN better for 02!

So what's wrong with blue?

I actually had a tough time deciding between the blue and the yellow. The blue model looks just as good as the yellow in my opinion. I think I was swayed by the yellow because all of the plastic is yellow, where the blue model has the white sides and light mount. Just my preference though. Like I said, both are great looking bikes!

Del Amo motorsports in Torrance California has Yellow S and E models.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By BikeChimp
      I'd like to turn my UK 2004 DRZ400S back to stock airbox (snorkel) and jets, needle shim position etc
      When I bought it the PO had fitted a Sigma6 kit and done the 3x3 mod but is doesn't have a tapered needle like the JD and other kits. Took me ages to get it running right, however it still runs rich and I'm fed up of arsing around with it. 
      So I've bought a standard airbox without 3x3 hole, stock exhaust.
      Q1 The Suzuki manual says this Mukuni BSR36 (29FA) carb should have a 142.5 Main Jet but the Clymer manual say its a 135.  In UK everything's from sea level to 1000m. I'm in Sheffield so nothing gets above 500m even in the Peaks (Hills). Any UK owners or anyone else know what the correct jet should be?
      Q2 Says the original needle is a '5DH36-2nd'. The needle has 5 notches on it. Currently set at 2 clip from bottom. The Suzuki reference says needle is 5DH36-2nd, Does the 2nd bit mean 2nd from top or bottom?
      Q3 - Does anyone have a detailed photo of the shim order just in case it was assembled wrong. (mine is attached)
      I know most people on here are going to be horrified I'm taking back to stock but any help on above would be really appreciated.

• By Bgringo
      I've read a lot of threads about this but still haven't found exactly what I'm looking for.  I'm pulling my 2004 DRZ400S out of storage sometime this week and getting it ready for the season.  I live at 9,000 ft, but my first ride of the year is probably going to be at around 5,000 ft.  I was going to pull the 145 main jet I'm running and put in the 150 adjusting the needle from the 2 clip to the 3rd, then re-jet once I got home.  I already have the extended fuel mixture screw in place so I started thinking that I should just run the 150 jet set up and adjust the fuel screw to compensate for the higher elevation where I'll be doing most of my riding.  I will be going down in elevation for rides until late May or June depending on snowfall, but riding on the street when I'm able.  Are there any disadvantages with this?
      I'm new to posting on this forum, so please forgive me if I didn't get the right search words in and there is already a post about this.
    • By Markl5557
      I am currently running 10w 40 Belray non synthetic and I want to switch to full synthetic amsoil .... is it ok to switch from regular to synthetic? I have read it’s not safe to go from synthetic to regular can someone explain if it’s safe to go from regular to synthetic!? Thanks !
    • By RockyMtnMark
      Good Morning,
        Last night I measured my valve clearances for the very first time (I know...) on my DRZ400S.  It's a 2002 and I've owned is since 2011.  I bought it with t's got about 15,000 miles on it and most of it's miles these days are on dirt.
      Intake specs are 0.10-0.20 mm.  Exhaust specs are 0.20-0.30
      My intake valve clearances are in spec, forgot to write them down.  My exhaust valve clearances are between 0.1778 and 0.2032 which is slightly out of spec.  They are no more than 25 microns out of spec.  My question is, do I really need to shim these?  Will this kind of out-of-spec cause performance, mechanical, or other losses?  As far as I can tell, I'd have to buy a whole shim kit which is like $80.  Thanks!
    • By Zach440
      Selling my 2009 Drz400sm. Been a great bike but it’s time to let go . Not looking for any trades - spring is just around the corner ! Located in northern Virginia . Cash only $4200- willing to negotiate I have some wolfman luggage options available as well. Love to make a package deal for someone 

-11640 miles . Mild off-road never wrecked.
      -Oil / filter changed every 1500 miles
      -New did chain , brake pads , front sprocket at 10400 miles .
      - valves checked and within spec at 10,000
      - jetted with JD kit and 3x3 mod
      -doubletake mirrors
      -waterproof usb wired and located next to Speedo
      - drc large foot pegs , barkbusters with integrated turn signals . 12oclocklabs tall delete with upgraded circuit board
      -thumpertalk case savers
      -sergeant seat (amazing) and Clarke 3.9 tank (190mile range )
      - fog lights wired in so they shut off with high beams
      -Shorai lithium battery
      -led headlight

- stock gas tank and seat will be included

The bike is dirty in photos and I apologize my water is currently disabled outside due to freezing temps . Radiator guards and skid plate NOT included but can be for some extra $$. Rear tire could be replaced but front is fine .