Sign in to follow this  

Anyone here in the US able to get their hands on a yellow 2002 DRZ400S?

The dealer is telling me that Suzuki will be releasing the yellow 2002s to the US market this week or next. Is this accurate?

I've been waiting on them to get one in for a few weeks now and I'm not sure if they are just pulling my chain on this to keep me hanging on. :)

[ November 23, 2001: Message edited by: Evets411 ]

You're sure it was a 2002?

If so, I may have to have another talk with the dealer. Even if the wait was going to be long, I'd rather they just play it straight with me.

The dealer by me has had the 2002 S for a few months now.

Brampton Ontario CANADA

I stop in at my dealer fairly often, and he still hasn't received any '02's. He has plenty of other models, but he said they'll push the date back and then not give him any info on ship dates at all. Rather strange that they would have such a long delay when they aren't changing anything significant.

I work at a Suzuki Dealership in Niagara Falls NY. and have already sold two DRZ "S" ... Both in yellow. The first new model year shipments go to the dealers that have the largest sales numbers in a particular catagory, in the previous year.

Dave Kessler

Well I suppose the dealership I'm working with may be on the level and just haven't received their shipment yet. They seem to be nice people and quoted me a good price, including delivery to Austin. I just hope it's not going to take too much longer because each day I don't hear from them I wonder if I could be working a better deal elsewhere. :)

[ November 26, 2001: Message edited by: Evets411 ]

[ November 26, 2001: Message edited by: Evets411 ]

call 305 557-1311 ask for Todd he'll give you a good deal on one and they should have 02 in yellow

Thanks for the 411 CrazyCraig. Todd indicated that they haven't received any at their location either, but he was good to talk with. I'll probably just stick with the dealer I'm currently working with.

Thanks all! :)

The dealership here on Long Island has had a Yellow and a Blue 2002 S model since September. I picked up the yellow one the first week of October. I haven't been back so I don't know if they ordered any more Yellow 02's.

Good Luck!

I bought a 2002 Yellow DRZ400S today. It really seems like a great bike. Was picked up in Londondery NH at Cycle World. It was received Friday at this dealer. It was still in the box when I called so they assembled it for me from 10:00AM to 1:30 PM Saturday. So far I've ridden it 75 Street miles.

Originally posted by Brucedrz:

I bought a 2002 Yellow DRZ400S today. It really seems like a great bike. Was picked up in Londondery NH at Cycle World. It was received Friday at this dealer. It was still in the box when I called so they assembled it for me from 10:00AM to 1:30 PM Saturday. So far I've ridden it 75 Street miles.

Congrats on the new bike!

If you have not changed tyres yet watch those trailwings they are spooky off road.

The dealership called me last week to tell me the bike was in! Still working out the financing with them. I am very excited!!

I've read a lot about the stock tires. Should they be replaced immediatly? Are they really that bad? :)

Originally posted by dendrz:

Congrats on the new bike!

If you have not changed tyres yet watch those trailwings they are spooky off road.

dendrz, your so right about the trailwings. They don't hook up at all on moist hard packed clay, it's like riding on ice. :) Can't wait until they wear out. :D

brucedrz, congrats on the new bike. It's got to be an awesome bike if the suspenders are EVEN better for 02!

I actually had a tough time deciding between the blue and the yellow. The blue model looks just as good as the yellow in my opinion. I think I was swayed by the yellow because all of the plastic is yellow, where the blue model has the white sides and light mount. Just my preference though. Like I said, both are great looking bikes!