Sign in to follow this  

Are my Intake Valves Damaged?

While bumping up my pilot jet a notch, I looked down into the intake to see a white build-up around the forward 1/3 leading edge of one of the intake valves. The build-up appears to be about 1/8th inch in thickness and depth.

Is this something to be concerned about?

Thanks

I think the problem yo have with your valves is because you ride like a &%$#@!. The white is baby powder.

:)

Originally posted by morgan:

I think the problem yo have with your valves is because you ride like a &%$#@!. The white is baby powder.

:)

LMAO!

:D

I would not worry to much about the white stuff. Next time you are in there take a nylon tie rapp and see if you can break it loose. Then suck it out with a vacumcleaner. Maybe with a peace of fuel line or something taped to the end that can reach in there. Try changing brand of fuel and only run the best stuff you can find.

Morgan,

That explains the white stuff that ends up on your goggles after every time we ride together.

My baby powder is clogging your vision. Maybe you should try harder to pass me up next time!!!

Just remember, leaders don't end up with baby powder on their face; only followers.