RE: Stock Horsepower Rated from Engines

NE1 here have the stock HP info for all the WR bikes and different years? just looking to compare them, I want Stock Rated HP's or Stock Dyno'd Hp at the rear wheels, or both, I have searched and found some info here but most were modded and not clear.

That Certificate may be what horsepower class it's ratet at for registeration purposes. I don't beleive it's that high either, was hoping for around 50Hp though. IM spoiled with 2 stroke snowmobile engines, my 1980 440 stock had 80HP, the 77 440 had 96HP stock, so I am a bit disapointed in the way low numbers in these thumpers.

That Certificate may be what horsepower class it's ratet at for registeration purposes. I don't beleive it's that high either, was hoping for around 50Hp though. IM spoiled with 2 stroke snowmobile engines, my 1980 440 stock had 80HP, the 77 440 had 96HP stock, so I am a bit disapointed in the way low numbers in these thumpers.

The snowmobiles wasnt single cyl ?

The 03` wr450f has been tested to + - 45hp at the rear wheel bone stock on a dyno .. The dyno owner said so.. A wr450 with slipon and jetting made just over 50.. 52 or something..

The bike doesnt feel fast in 60mph on the road, but it feels completely insane in the woods ?

In the dirtbike e-start 450 comparo a stock WR 450f (jetted, throttle stop, gray wire) mad 46.7HP at the wheel with the stock pipe (inner baffle removed, big baffle in place), 48.X with an FMF Q2, and almost 50 with a pro circuit Type 496. The only bike that made more power in the test was a the TE 450 which made 50HP and change. The CRF 450X and KTM 450exc were both around the 45hp range.

Thanks, heard of them as silencers, stingers, mufflers, but never slipons, lol

that's what they're called in the sportbike world when it's not a full system. Either a bolt on or slip on exhaust canister.