10W 40 ques, race tommorow, NEED HELP!

I'm not quite sure what your talking about but 2 strokes dont use motor oil they use transmission oil.....or maybe thats what you meant by "motor oil". If you told the guy at the shop you needed transmission oil for your rm85 and he gave you that stuff then it'll probably work. Good luck at your race!

You ask for transmission oil you might get 80 weight gear oil. If the bike needs 10-40 then 4 stroke oil is what you want. The important thing is that the oil is ok for the clutch. Some say the energy saving automotive oils cause the clutch to slip.

Or you can use ATF, it is designed for transmissions with wet clutches.

If you ask for tranny oil for your bike and they give you 80w......This is OK for the tranny but you will still want to run a good premix in your gas for the motor. 80w gear oil converts to the equivilent of about 20w motor oil. You should be changing your tranny oil every few hours of ride time or after a couple of races. Oil is cheap for your bike.....change it often.

And yes....you can run car oil in the tranny...it wont hurt it if you change it often.

Jay

Yeah it will work I remember when I went to go get oil the guy gave me that oil to he said it worked better.Was it in a long skinny bottle?Well mine was.

I could really tell the diffrence and if it screws your bike up go to the store and tell them to guy told you to use it.