Excell Pro Series Wheels

I AM HAVING A HARD TIME GETTING EXCELL PEO WHEELS FOR MY KX450F. MY LOCAL SHOP ORDERED ME A SET OF WHEELS FOR A 2004 KX250F, THEY SAID THE WHEELS WERE NOT AVAILABLE THROUGH TUCKER ROCKY, THIS IS WHO THEY ORDER OFF OF. I AM THINKING THESE WILL NOT FIT. I ORDERED ROTORS AND A SPROCKET FOR THESE WHEELS ALREADY AND DIDNT WANT TO ASSEMBLE THEM IF THEY WONT FIT. CAN ANYONE LET ME KNOW IF THE BLACK ON BLACK EXCELL PRO SERIES WHEELS ARE AVAILABE FOR THE KX450F AND WILL THE 2004 KX250F WHEELS FIT? THE ROTOR LOOKS TO BIG ON THE 250 WHEELS. :thumbsup:

the rims for the 250f are diff than the 450...

Not sure on the brake rotor, but the wheels shouldn't be used with your 450.

Just lace up some rims with yer stock hubs and spokes and the VERY TRICK AND EXPENSIVE Stock nipples.

BTW, go here www.wheellacing.com and get yer wheels done where the Team Green Arena-Cross Team does!

Turn yer stockers whatever color you want and get the hubs done up for only $500.

Check out the TransWorld MX Race Test on the Dubach YZ250F with wheels by these guys! TRICK!

TCR Wheels.

Use the STOCK SPOKES and NIPPLES!

BTW, if it's a "Spare" set of wheels ya want...be patient...towards the end of summer there will be extra wheel sets around.

And, yes, the statement about 250F v. 450F wheels is true...they're different.

I used the RAD hub/Excel rim combo from one of my '04 KX250f's. I had been running a 2.15 rear already so everything crossed right over. I did have to use a front rotor from my 04 also. This way I have an extra set of wheels for varying track conditions and those inopportune flats.

I just got carriers for my pro series wheels. They sent me the carriers for a '04/'05 KXF250F. The only thing they told me was to run a front rotor off of a '05 KXF250F. I bought a Galfer wave rotor for the front. Thought of a moto-master flame rotor, but they are like $300+. I had wave rotors on my CRF450 last year and they worked good. The rear wheel and rotor are the same. I just put them on this weekend and had no problems. It helps when Excel rims and hubs are your sponsors. They got me hooked up right aways. Good luck. If you need more info check out www.ftmbiz.com. They can help you out.

so the pro series excell wheel sets i bought for the 2004 KX250F will not fit? these came complete with wave rotors and a renthal sproket. i am looking to buy an extra set for the motocross season which started already. i went to my local dealer and they told me they will fit. should i take them back before i use them? what wheels will fit from the excell pro series? i need ones with the collers or spacers, the ones that make them interchangable. is it just the spacers that make them that they wont fit? maybe i can get spacers from ftm? can you help me on this one? :thumbsup:

The pro series wheels will fit any bike. It is the carrier sets that are what you need to fit your particular bike. I ran mine on a Honda last year, and got the carrier sets for my Kawasaki this year. The spacers come with the carrier sets. Give ftm a call, and they will be able to tell you what you need for your wheels to fit what bike you got. They will also tell tell if you need anything different like rotors. Even though they are listed for a KX250F, they also fit on my KX450F. Good luck

k77x,

The wheels you have will work, but if they are for a 250f they probably have a 1.85 rear rim which is too small for the 450f. You need a 2.15 rear for the 450. You will also need to use a front rotor from a 2004/5 250f.

Good luck :thumbsup:

k77x,

The wheels you have will work, but if they are for a 250f they probably have a 1.85 rear rim which is too small for the 450f. You need a 2.15 rear for the 450. You will also need to use a front rotor from a 2004/5 250f.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Wheel width is important with the new "4T" tire profiles; hence, my original comments on "Different Wheels".

Thanks for the help! :crazy: