Sign in to follow this  

KLX 110 12" front wheel? Motard

Does anyone make a 12" front wheel to fit on the stock forks of a KLX/DRZ 110? I want to set it up for Motard. Any Ideas? Thanks.

take another klx 110 rear rim, use your front hub and lace those up. bam. you can also slap some michelin pilots on the stock rims, the only problem is that the front tire is a 120, barely clears the forks, and rubs a little, but over time you'll get a wear spot and you'll be fine. they stick pretty good, not as nice as some race compunds, but....

take another klx 110 rear rim, use your front hub and lace those up. bam. you can also slap some michelin pilots on the stock rims, the only problem is that the front tire is a 120, barely clears the forks, and rubs a little, but over time you'll get a wear spot and you'll be fine. they stick pretty good, not as nice as some race compunds, but....

It barely clears because the rear is fatter??? Not sure I understand. Thanks

I just put a 14" Michelin Pilot SC on the front stock rim and it worked fine for me. It did barely rub on the right side a little on the dust cap for the forks, but after one supermoto event it has worn it down and fine now. I got them from www.americanmototire.com. I also got the Pilot SC 12" for the rear and once they warmed up I was slamming it down pretty hard in the corners with excellent grip.

If you put a 12" rim on the front get a 1.6" KX60 rear rim ($50 from bikebandit), Spoke kit from Buchanan Spokes $65 and then the tire. I saved about $100 and time just using the stock 14" rim.

I just put a 14" Michelin Pilot SC on the front stock rim and it worked fine for me. It did barely rub on the right side a little on the dust cap for the forks, but after one supermoto event it has worn it down and fine now. I got them from www.americanmototire.com. I also got the Pilot SC 12" for the rear and once they warmed up I was slamming it down pretty hard in the corners with excellent grip.

If you put a 12" rim on the front get a 1.6" KX60 rear rim ($50 from bikebandit), Spoke kit from Buchanan Spokes $65 and then the tire. I saved about $100 and time just using the stock 14" rim.

Thanks Hoser!!! I want the 12" because I heard there is a GYRO affect with the 14" wheel when leaning. Thanks :thumbsup:

better late then never,

the front & rear wheels have different quantity of spokes. i have a 12" front wheel i'll sell if you still need :excuseme:

Which size michelins did you run?