Sign in to follow this  

Can i do the pink wire MOD without doing anything else?

I'm just about to buy a new CRF250X 05, can i just do the pink wire MOD (as i will be doing some wiring anyway) without re-jetting or doning anything?

The bike will be a UK spec.

I will be ridding about 50% open tracks and 50% woods, should i do all the CCC MODS or will that make the bike uncontrollable in the woods?

What resonable MODS should i do if i don't do all the CCC MODS?

cutting the pink wire raises the rev limiter, but without doing any other mods you wont really be making any power up there anyways

Why bother worrying about modifications to get your bike to be something its not (an R). Since you haven't purchased yet why don't you rethink it and get the 250r then you don't have too many mods to do.

One of the Enduro events I compete in will not let you ride an "R" bike, they would know it's an "R" as it does not have an E button, and they do check.

I also want to road register the bike, in the UK it is much easier to register and insure an Enduro bike than a motox bike.

I'm not really sure i need the extra power of a "R" if it's unuseable in the wooded sections, hence the question about the power delivery of the CCC MODs

I also have a KTM 450 Exc, i never come close to using all the power of this bike.

I have been riding for about 1 year, I'm not very good and thought a 250 would help me improve.

I have a 4hr Enduro coming up in 4weeks, after a 3hr event I can hardly lift the bike up, a lighter bike would be an advantage I think.

try the bike standard first and see how you feel, i changed from yz400 to the 250x because i never rode the 400 to its max, i rode last year with WOR but havent raced this year on the 250, save your money and invest in some new wheels!!!

also keep in mind two things, first on the X the power is really not all up top so the highr revs will not help much. Second and more important, most of the valve issues come from guys revving to the moon so the pink mod will probably hurt your valves in the long run

Don't do it with out all the CC mods. It's just not worth it with out those other components. Get it to breath better cut open the air box and remove the backfire screen and go for it.

I have had a lot of experience with both completely stock and modified 250Xs. Stock is just fine. Particularly if you are still developing your skills. In all but super fast wide open sections, I can go just as fast on my brother's stock X as I can on my modified bike. I have also noticed that you tend to lose some bottom end power in order to gain top end power with the mods.

You can always modify later.

Have fun.

Kirk

just re-jett it untill there is not bogg and your bike will be good. NO PINK WIRE, that thing saves your valves

also keep in mind two things, first on the X the power is really not all up top so the highr revs will not help much. Second and more important, most of the valve issues come from guys revving to the moon so the pink mod will probably hurt your valves in the long run

I second that..

Leave the wire alone. What tiny advantage that you might gain isn't worth the risk of blowing your engine.