Any1 Put an O-Ring Chain on their 250X?

The O-ring is standard on your bike. However, it may not have a master link like most chains do. Also, the spacer you are talking about is used when you get a standard size O ring chain. I believe the X uses a narrower chain which you can also buy. Its still a 520 chain, but it isn't as wide. Some people say they haven't had to use the spacer. I don't know if the year of the bike makes a difference or not.

Go buy the spacer for a 450r at your shop, They should know what you are talking about. I Have been running the spacer so I could put on an o-ring chain. I don't like the idea of not running a master link.

I believe fastway makes the spacer. 2 bucks.

I haven't tried the o-ring chain with out the spacer but it is extremely close with the 450 spacer.

The stock chain has no masterlink so you can't just take it apart. You would need a chain breaker to get it off and you have to rivet a new one on. It is a D-Ring chain that has rubber o-rings but is not a typical o-ring chain. It is thinner.

The spacer is 2 bucks. If you want to try it with out you can always throw it on after. Cases cost more than 2 bucks!