"S" ONLY-DON'T READ IF YOU HAVE "E" OR KICKER

GOTCHA! ?

Chances are pretty good that if you are reading this post, you own an E or a Kicker! (I suspect that even you, DR.400, couldn't resist) So what the hell good did it do to plainly state in the subject line that this was for "S" Owners?

So even if we did split the forum, you E and K guys would still cross over to see what's up in the "S" forum and us "S" guys would still sneek into the "E/K" forum like Special Forces into a Taliban cave.

Sorry S guys for wasting your time, but thanks for helping me prove a point! (No apology to you other guys, you weren't suppose to read this anyway!)

OK. Now the true test of character...will the E and Kicker guys who read this admit it by posting a reply?

Geetch,

Not to offend here but, who is "we" when saying you'll split the forum?

If you (and others) really feel that strong about spliting the forum. Send a note to feedback@thumpertalk.com. I'm not saying it'll get done but, maybe we can get back to bikes and riding and let Bryan and Steve decide how they want "THEIR" site run.

I haven't seen DRZ vs WR posts raise this much controversy (read: pissin, moaning and taking shots at each other)

SHEESH......Let's Ride ?

Bill

[ November 30, 2001: Message edited by: Bill ]

Talk about setting the hook,now what we should do

is find a neutral ground and see if the e's

can keep up with the s's .How about calaboogie

ont the weekend after labour day they have

a two day run up there every year its one not to

be missed.Plan for it guys you wont be disapointed.

Bill,

Thanks for reading, but you completely

missed the point...I'm AGAINST splitting the forum. I also don't think any attempt at coding the subject with S, E, K, etc. is helpful (As this post demonstrates)

So in the imortal words of Forrest Gump, "That's all I got ta say about that!"

Happy Holidays.

No Geetch,

I did not miss the point, you have. Who is "we", in reference to spliting the DRZ forum? And why would you use decete ("GOTCHA") to pull someone into a thread and then challenge then to admit they did come in ("admit it by posting a reply"). I'll say it again. We can provide input/suggestion for what we would like to see here at TT as members.

Your reponse to me is exaclty how these things get going. You say I missed your point, I counter back to enforce the fact I did understand, so on and so forth. And what does any of this have to do with riding and our bikes?

I don't care to have my personal mailbox filled with email from grown men complaining about what he said or they said (especially when it does not involve a bike or riding). I want to participate in a the great site we have, be thankful to have it and learn from all members and sides of TT about you guys, our bikes and riding.

out comes the 2 x 4 ?

enough of this already! let's ride!

Bill

Bill - There was a large heated debate about the riders of the S machines should or shouldn't get their own forum.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/bike/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=004289

In it there is a lot of talk about the S being nothing like the other versions of the DRZ and the S riders not riding anything like the riders of the other versions of the DRZ.

I can't speak for Geetch as I don't know him - but his point was to see if the non-S owners read posts for the S version - and some of them do. This might indicate that some of the S owners post things that are pertanent or at least interesting to the others. Geetch didn't start the dialog about "we should split up the forum" and he won't end it as it comes up every year it seems.

HEY BILL!!!!!!

I do not get it?

You are all the time saying lets ride ,well we will but when we go riding don't talk to me unless it has some thing to do with bikes ...SO I don't want to hear about your family or how you feel about any thing at all!!! Unless it has to do with our thumpers .

I know you will come back with some words of wisdom on this topic so I will leave you with this.

This site is interesting so don't sterrilize it

(The internet is just like the Special Olimpics, even if you win your still retarded)

LOCK THIS TOPIC AS WELL ?

[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: WILD FX ]

Originally posted by WILD FX:

HEY BILL!!!!!!

I do not get it?

You are all the time saying lets ride ,well we will but when we go riding don't talk to me unless it has some thing to do with bikes ...SO I don't want to hear about your family or how you feel about any thing at all!!! Unless it has to do with our thumpers .

I know you will come back with some words of wisdom on this topic so I will leave you with this.

This site is interesting so don't sterrilize it

(The internet is just like the Special Olimpics, even if you win your still retarded)

LOCK THIS TOPIC AS WELL ?

[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: WILD FX ]

Ok, here goes... First all, Bill has a tough job! 4,500+ of you and one of him! Please understand that when Bill says "Let's ride", he's trying to keep things civil and remind you of our common passion. Bill moderates TT for free and he does and excellent job at that! I do ask that you give him a bit more respect despite your differences in opinions.

In terms of splitting the forum, if the majority of the group wants this, we'll consider making the change. feedback@thumpertalk.com is there for you to communicate your wants and desires. Steve and I operate TT for all of you. I expect the site to change over-time. If you do ask for a split, provide me with some good reasons. This change must be for the benefit of the group. Personally, I don't find it obtrusive to see others posting questions/comments about different versions of the same model. Remember, it is your choice to ignore what is not of interest to you.

I'm not going to lock-down the thread unless things get out of hand. Remember the private messaging capabilities of TT if you need to talk to someone off-line. Sometime doing your laundry in public is not the best choice.

Cool? I'm now off to spend some time with my son. :D Keep the punches above the belt boys! :D

[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: Bryan Bosch ]

I personally would be sad to see the forum split. I gladly read the posts about all versions of the DRZ because I never know where helpful insight will come from. Though there are some things that are different on the S it is still a DRZ- and most things are the same or can be made the same.

A little sibling rivalry is one thing, but in the end were all members of the same family ?

I don't care to have my personal mailbox filled with email from grown men complaining about what he said or they said (especially when it does not involve a bike or riding).

Coulda sworn that was a Moderator's job ? . My e-mail was FULL when I was a Moderator(2 Forums) at DRN. Thought it was my "unpaid" job to deal with the stuff......... guess I was mistaken.