DYNO RUN

FINALLY WORE OUT MY TIRE ENOUGH TO RUN ON THE DYNO. RESULTS: 39 HP, 26.8 FTLBS. BIKE IS STOCK WITH A RS-S SLIP ON AND A 160 MAIN JET. INDICATED SPEED AT 10,000 RPM IN 5TH GEAR WAS 84 MPH. IN CASE ANYONE IS INTERESTED. WHAT DOES THUMPER CLAIM FOR TH 436 AND 470 KIT?

Here are some questions.Do you own an S,E or kicker?Is your gearing stock?What is your elevation?

Did the dyno sheet say the numbers were corrected?I'd figure with your mods the DRZ should cough up a couple more ponies(42ish)

Keith if you had put a street type tire on you would have another 1.5 HP maybe more. You will not get a true reading even with a worn out knobby.

Originally posted by KEITH S.:

FINALLY WORE OUT MY TIRE ENOUGH TO RUN ON THE DYNO. RESULTS: 39 HP, 26.8 FTLBS. BIKE IS STOCK WITH A RS-S SLIP ON AND A 160 MAIN JET. INDICATED SPEED AT 10,000 RPM IN 5TH GEAR WAS 84 MPH. IN CASE ANYONE IS INTERESTED. WHAT DOES THUMPER CLAIM FOR TH 436 AND 470 KIT?

Funny you mention that I was thinking along the same lines.Any kind of knob will scrub off horseponies.

2001 E MODEL, 4750 ELEVATION(DYNO CORRECTS FOR SEA LEVEL UNLESS YOU NEED ACTUAL FOR THAT ELEVATION. MOST ADVERTISING AND COMPAROS ARE DONE AT SAE CORRECTED.) STOCK GEARING, WHICH DYNO CALCULATES, SO YOU CAN'T CHEAT.

YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT. THE KNOBBIES WILL COST A HP OR TWO, THE CHAIN NEEDED LUBED TOO. I GUESS I'M TOO LAZY TO CHANGE TO STREET TIRE FOR A COUPLE OF DYNO RUNS. WE RUN HARLEYS WITH BELT FINAL DRIVES MOSTLY, JUST CORRECTING A BELT ADJUSTMENT IS WORTH 2-3 HP ON A GOOD RUNNING HOG. GOOD CALL GUYS, I SUPPOSE THERE ARE A FEW TECHNO DIRT BIKERS OUT THERE.