Sign in to follow this  

Where Do I Find A Upper Triple Clamp?

I noticed the "E" model has the same top triple clamp as the "S". The "S" looks like they had to make room for the Speedo and makes them too close to the rider. Does anyone have a line on a triple clamp or a web site I can find a affordable triple clamp?

your right, the triple clamp on the drz does have the bars positioned about 1-1.5 inchs to far backwards.

have you tried your local bike shop?

Originally posted by Chuck B:

I noticed the "E" model has the same top triple clamp as the "S". The "S" looks like they had to make room for the Speedo and makes them too close to the rider. Does anyone have a line on a triple clamp or a web site I can find a affordable triple clamp?

www.appliedrace.com

Christmas is coming, buy yourself a present.

A Scotts package(triple clamp, stablizer, Pro-Tapper bars) good deal amd worth it. :)

That would be nice under the tree! Is there such a 'Package' available somewhere or a hot deal, or web site to see.

CB :)

Did some surfing and found a combo package for the triple clamp, bars and damper however if you want it under your tree, you better have been a very good boy because the package is expensive... price is $599. I'm sure its well worth it if you are riding at a higher level.

Here is the link:

http://www.scottsperformance.com/indexmain.html

[ December 06, 2001: Message edited by: NorCal Mike ]

When you are shopping, don't forget to check with Baja Designs for a quote ( http://www.bajadesigns.com/ ). I run the Applied Racing triple clamp on my 'S' model.

To use that clamp on the 'S,' you must place 3 washers between the speedo unit clamp and the triple clamp in order to move the speedo unit forward. If you try bolting the speedo unit directly to the clamp, the plastic will hit the clamp bar holders - it won't fit. Second, the stock headlight bracket does not fit between the top and bottom clamps with the stock rubber grommets - you must remove the top two rubber grommets from the bracket, then you can sandwich the bracket between the top and bottom clamps.

These modifications work well and are not time consuming. If you call the AP people or Baja Designs, they might give you some story about making major bracket modifications - forget about it - you do not have to make drastic mods to get the set-up to work.

No problem - I should have read your post more carefully. Anyway, a few passing 'S' owners on this thread will note that it works - As for the 3 bolt Yosh unit, I doubt that it would work with the 'S' without major mods to the bracket.

[ December 06, 2001: Message edited by: Crazy Luke ]

Thanks, but I Have a 2001E

CB :)