Sign in to follow this  

SSR 125-C3 & 125-C4 owners

Early production 125-C3 & 125-C4 bikes had a design flaw from the manufactuer. The rear master brake cylinder was not offset enough to clear the swing arm. On a few occasions the swing arm has hit the master cylinder. We have made arrangements with a USA company to make some aluminum bracket to rectify this issue. We are offering this bracket at our cost as a service to our customers. They are $30 shipped.

OLR-BRKBKT-2.jpg

THey can be purchased from us here.

http://www.outlawpowersports.com/product_p/olr-brkbkt.htm

I've heard the X3's had this issue also. If so will the new X3's come with the fix already on them? I'm gonna buy a pitbike soon, and I'm considering the X3. Thanks.

Pictures of this problem are posted with a warning on this forum under one of my ssr pictures/mods threads. The warning is in all capital letters before the pix.

I've heard the X3's had this issue also. If so will the new X3's come with the fix already on them? I'm gonna buy a pitbike soon, and I'm considering the X3. Thanks.

Have never heard of it being an issue on the X3. The X3 has a different swing arm and the master cylinder is on the out side of the swinger.

I agree. There should be a free bracket. But, the manufacture is fixing the problem on the new bikes being made and may or may not be sending brackets for the models with the issue. We have been waiting for them to send some brackets since Jan. We got tired of waiting and deceided to offer a USA made bracket at our cost, just to get a fix in the hands of our customers.

i just got mine brand new 06 should i be worried?? :crazy:

I'll be getting my new SSR125-E by this weekend and I'm assuming that it will need the same modification. Bummer. I had planned on ordering a chain guide for my bike so the chain won't eat the stator place and more if the chain decides to fly off. Now I need to decide which is more important to fix. I'd think that the warranty for "craftsmanship and material defects" would would be covered under this policy. EH???????

Thats just my 114,000cents!

I'll be getting my new SSR125-E by this weekend and I'm assuming that it will need the same modification. Bummer. I had planned on ordering a chain guide for my bike so the chain won't eat the stator place and more if the chain decides to fly off. Now I need to decide which is more important to fix. I'd think that the warranty for "craftsmanship and material defects" would would be covered under this policy. EH???????

Thats just my 114,000cents!

The 125-E has a different swing arm and does not have this issue. That is why the title of the thread says 125-C3 & 125-C4 and not 125-E. Lucky you EH????

Going nuts with a bottle of blue loctite and while in the rear shock area, it seems as though my December 2005 built ssr125-e has little if no clearance for the master cylinder. Looks too close to try to see if it clears or not. So, if you think that the 125-e doesn't need one, you're suggesting that I don't need one and should run it and chance it than I'll drop it off my order list. Eh???

mine was hitting on my C-4 before i noticed it. It took a chunk out of the master and chipped the swingarm. I pulled out the Dremel and cut on the mounting tab of the master, reducing the thickness to half. I then put the grinding disk on and smoothed out the master and the swingarm. good as new! I didnt even know it was a problem until i read this post. Then i was pissed that i would have to spend $30 to fix a manufactures defect.

I got my bracket today. I know some people are upset because it isn't free, or they are holding their breath for the China part. I guarantee the China part won't be 1/10 as nice as this piece is. I think they are being mfg. by a racer who saw a need, not some faceless company. At least we are supporting someone who supports the sport. Now.....who is going to step up and offer a decent over the pegs brake pedal to fit the SSRs?

I got my bracket today. I know some people are upset because it isn't free, or they are holding their breath for the China part. I guarantee the China part won't be 1/10 as nice as this piece is. I think they are being mfg. by a racer who saw a need, not some faceless company. At least we are supporting someone who supports the sport. Now.....who is going to step up and offer a decent over the pegs brake pedal to fit the SSRs?

They are being built by a racer in his spare time. They are very well designed and constructed. We are selling them at no profit. He is only making a few $ on each one. Barley worth his time. We are working on an over the top brake lever for the SSR bikes.

Glad you like yours.

We are working on an over the top brake lever for the SSR bikes.

Finally someone is going to tap that nich, because nearly ALL china bikes seem to need an over the top brake lever.

Yeh, what he said! I've just gotten my bike and I'm taking on all the suggestions that fellow riders/enthuisasts have helped me with so far. I'll jump on the wagon and say that I'd definately want the "new" brake pedal arm too. Serious rear shock by Staggs next, chain guide, and billet throttle and grips and hopefully a strong footpeg bar/mount. Where do I get one of those, or are they still "build it yourself"? Seen them back in the crust somewhere I read about and saw pics but am not aware of an aftermarket peg mount for SSR's. Did I miss that?

Staggs has a chromo peg mount / pegs for a good price. I have one on mine and it holds up great. Staggs shock is my next upgrade.

Hey Outlaw, is Staggs still interested in anything that I built? I have not received a response. I told him I could supply a pattern, a hard part and improvement ideas and/or near engineering quality drawings if needed. Let me know, maybe my message got lost in his day to day busy life.---For those that don't know what I am talking about, go back a couple of pages and look for posts by DIZZE that have pics.