TTR 125 Fork seal replacement

• 3 years later...

I would try a wooden dowel tapped into the upper tube. If you don't have a manual the rod that you are trying to keep from spinning has a 10 pointed star shaped inset on the top. Place the wood into a vice and tape the fork onto it. Don't worry about wood bits coming off inside, you will have an opportunity to rinse it out once you have it apart. This combined with an impact wrench on the allen bolt should crack it loose. I sprayed a little WD-40 on the allen bolt as well. It was stubborn but eventually broke loose.

• 1 year later...
a 3/8 drive extension works on the ttr125 . YOu'll need long enough extension. the drive extension fits and holds the damper rod from turning.

Update: The 3/8 drive extensions worked well enough to loosen the damper rod screw, but didn't hold well enough to torque it back in place. I found in a different post on this forum where a 14mm head of a bolt will work so I'm going to try that on my other TTR. (fork fluid change time for the dirt bikes) I've got a 9/16 head on a bolt that I'm going to file down a little. 14MM = .55 and the 9/16 = .5625. So a few strokes of the file should bring me in pretty close. I'll post my resusts.