FYI: DR.billZ.........

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Racegas:

?

Poor doc. I didn't read anything worthy of ejection.

So that the rumor mill doesn't spin out of control, Bill has not be ejected. His membership is still active. I worked very hard last night to see if we could see eye to eye on a few issues and he totally refused to deal with me and I'm not sure why :D I don't know Bill personally and I'm sure he's a great guy. Clearly, Bill is an extemely knowledgeable guy, however, he's only willing to be a TT member on his terms. If you are reading this Bill, my door is open anytime you'd like to talk. :D

Bryan

[ December 05, 2001: Message edited by: Bryan Bosch ]

Originally posted by SANDRZ:

Censorship can be an ugly thing.

Sanddrz,

We are not into censorship and this issue clearly brings it to our attention to be very aware of its affect. We have no plans to be the TT police an squash any personalities here. This issue has to do with how members treat each other. Overall, there is a great deal of respect for each other so I'm not going to act as if we have some out of control problem here. I agree with you that over moderation is not needed and you have our comittment that we'll not go down this road. Thanks! ?

I have found DR.billZ to very informative and good humored on the various site he posts on. There a few people with as much knowledge about the DRZ as he has.

I have posted DR.billZ's response to the above comments for everyones general information (not to inflame the current situation). It is a direct copy of his post on XDB.

-------------------------------------------------

1)I don't call not being able to post an "active membership"

2)I don't know what I said that got my privileges removed.(and that is usually pretty obvious with me)

3)I never received an e-mail telling me my posting privileges were denied.

4)I initiated the talks between Bryan and I. Basically he wants me to say "I'll be a good little boy and behave like you want me to". I won't say that to anyone. I'll post what I deem fit for the situation, but never personally attack anyone....I never have. I've questioned people on topics, yes, been outspoken about things, certainly yes,but I've never threatened anyone at any time.

5)"Bill the Moderator" feels I don't "respect him".....that is the real reason I was reprimanded. I don't even know the guy. I've never seen him post anything at the site. If I said anything about his Moderating abilitities it was the truth. I had to send him a Personal Message about a questionable thread that threatened the peaceful nature of Thumper Talk(about splitting up the Forum into individual DRZ Froums and DRZS Forums .....POSTED BY OTHERS !!....I hadn't posted anything to the thread until I thought the Modearator wasn't going to do anything. If that is "not respecting him" , then so be it.....he didn't do his job. I never got a reply from "BILL the Moderator"....NOTHING....not a "Thanks for the heads-up, Bill".....not "kiss my ass, Bill"....nothing.

6)Bryan wants me to tell him, basically, "I'll be a good little boy and not ever post anything that makes anyone think" or that is how I see it.

I told him "I'd try to be as nice as I have been in over 900 posts to that site." I also told him that 1 or 2 "questionable replies" (in his mind), in over 900 posts is a pretty darned good record(especially for me )

7)I get posts on that site personally directed to me, for me to answer. I don't see that happening on too many sites. I know more about the DR-Z400 than anyone this side of Suzuki,Yoshimura or Team Suzuki mechanics(that probably really isn't saying that much actually, however). I get Personal Messages ans e-mails all the time from folks at that site asking for info they don't want posted on the site because they feel uncomfortable doing so. If the members trust me THAT MUCH, I don't understand TT's position. I have posted so much valuable information at that site, it truly isn't believable. I guess I'll just go on like the average selfish person and keep my knowledge to myself from now on...........

-DR.billZ

----------------------------------------------

I hope this gets sorted ASAP and he membership status is returned.

Originally posted by Runamuck:

I have found DR.billZ to very informative and good humored on the various site he posts on. There a few people with as much knowledge about the DRZ as he has.

I have posted DR.billZ's response to the above comments for everyones general information (not to inflame the current situation). It is a direct copy of his post on XDB.

-------------------------------------------------

1)I don't call not being able to post an "active membership"

2)I don't know what I said that got my privileges removed.(and that is usually pretty obvious with me)

3)I never received an e-mail telling me my posting privileges were denied.

4)I initiated the talks between Bryan and I. Basically he wants me to say "I'll be a good little boy and behave like you want me to". I won't say that to anyone. I'll post what I deem fit for the situation, but never personally attack anyone....I never have. I've questioned people on topics, yes, been outspoken about things, certainly yes,but I've never threatened anyone at any time.

5)"Bill the Moderator" feels I don't "respect him".....that is the real reason I was reprimanded. I don't even know the guy. I've never seen him post anything at the site. If I said anything about his Moderating abilitities it was the truth. I had to send him a Personal Message about a questionable thread that threatened the peaceful nature of Thumper Talk(about splitting up the Forum into individual DRZ Froums and DRZS Forums .....POSTED BY OTHERS !!....I hadn't posted anything to the thread until I thought the Modearator wasn't going to do anything. If that is "not respecting him" , then so be it.....he didn't do his job. I never got a reply from "BILL the Moderator"....NOTHING....not a "Thanks for the heads-up, Bill".....not "kiss my ass, Bill"....nothing.

6)Bryan wants me to tell him, basically, "I'll be a good little boy and not ever post anything that makes anyone think" or that is how I see it.

I told him "I'd try to be as nice as I have been in over 900 posts to that site." I also told him that 1 or 2 "questionable replies" (in his mind), in over 900 posts is a pretty darned good record(especially for me )

7)I get posts on that site personally directed to me, for me to answer. I don't see that happening on too many sites. I know more about the DR-Z400 than anyone this side of Suzuki,Yoshimura or Team Suzuki mechanics(that probably really isn't saying that much actually, however). I get Personal Messages ans e-mails all the time from folks at that site asking for info they don't want posted on the site because they feel uncomfortable doing so. If the members trust me THAT MUCH, I don't understand TT's position. I have posted so much valuable information at that site, it truly isn't believable. I guess I'll just go on like the average selfish person and keep my knowledge to myself from now on...........

-DR.billZ

----------------------------------------------

I hope this gets sorted ASAP and he membership status is returned.

This has nothing to do with Bill's knowledge and expertise! He is very informative, however, lately we've had some issues with how he's treated others. When I contacted him to discuss, I got more push back and attitude than anyone I've ever talk to. Basically Bill is telling me that if it is not his way, he'll walk. Now, there are two sides to every coin and I'm sure he feels as strongly about his position as I do. The bottom line is that if Bill is willing to just acknowledge that he'll do his best to play nice we'll be good to go. I know that many of you are freinds with Bill and I respect your defence of him. That is what good freinds do. Again, Bill, if you are listening, I'm willing to talk if you are. ?

Bryan, I have a lot of respect for Dr. Billz, he is very knowledgeable and always takes the time to reply to almost every post, from the most difficult questions to the all so commonly asked questions that everyone new to the board has. This kind of dedication to the page is to be commended. Dr. Billz has helped countless people including myself, and his kind of knowledge and experience are an invaluable source for people. I have never personally found anything he has posted to be insulting or "politically incorrect".

I'd like to know which comments it is exactly that you are taking offense to, and whether the person(s) the comments were directed at complained personally, or whether you took it upon yourself to come to their defense. I have seen a few post on this site that were far more heated and in poorer taste than anything I've ever read posted from Dr. Billz.

I fear this is a situation where personal issues between "Bill the Moderator" and Dr. Billz created a "power struggle", the result is a loss for everyone on the board. I personally haven't seen any grounds for Dr. Billz removal. If this is a "respect" issue, I think we all need to be able to accept some criticism and the reality that not everyone sees and does things the way we do. Gore may not respect Bush or share the same ideals, but Bush doesn't muzzle him and have him banished to the pole. Simply agree to disagree and act like adults.

My $.02 on the matter.

Orrin

How old are we, really guys...I have received so much insight from TT and DR.Billz...If your not man enough to handle a few challenges from other members and their posts, why are you even on a bike...My buds and i bash each other harder than DR. Billz could even think about....My opinion is if you read something that ticks you off get over it....

Originally posted by thekannatakid:

I have never personally found anything he has posted to be insulting or "politically incorrect".

Orrin

Very true, I see it as a personality issue. The moderator does not like his personality and thinks it is his right to demand that he change. Sorry guys but that is BS. He was never rude or offensive to anyone in any post that I can see. It would be a loss to have him banned.

I am going to side with the Dr. on this one. He cured the stumble on my new 400E (only guy to respond) and has helped me more along the way than the rest of the members combined. He has never even come close to crossing the line in anything I have read. To lose a member with his wealth of knowledge and experience over some petty little issue is riduculous. I feel that you are never going to agree with 100% of what you read, in fact some of it will down right p$%# you off; but that's life. Brush it off and continue with your life. Could you imagine what a boring place this would be if everyone just agreed with each other, nodding their head in agreement all the time? A little tension and disagreement is entertaining and pruductive. If some of it crosses the line (and every person's line is different) shrug it off and smile. The root of this problem is there has been too much talking and not enough riding . What everyone needs is a good long ride, how about a little Cross-Country showdown? Bill vs. the Moderator, loser to wash the bikes?

Originally posted by thekannatakid:

Bryan, I have a lot of respect for Dr. Billz, he is very knowledgeable and always takes the time to reply to almost every post, from the most difficult questions to the all so commonly asked questions that everyone new to the board has. This kind of dedication to the page is to be commended. Dr. Billz has helped countless people including myself, and his kind of knowledge and experience are an invaluable source for people. I have never personally found anything he has posted to be insulting or "politically incorrect".

I'd like to know which comments it is exactly that you are taking offense to, and whether the person(s) the comments were directed at complained personally, or whether you took it upon yourself to come to their defense. I have seen a few post on this site that were far more heated and in poorer taste than anything I've ever read posted from Dr. Billz.

I fear this is a situation where personal issues between "Bill the Moderator" and Dr. Billz created a "power struggle", the result is a loss for everyone on the board. I personally haven't seen any grounds for Dr. Billz removal. If this is a "respect" issue, I think we all need to be able to accept some criticism and the reality that not everyone sees and does things the way we do. Gore may not respect Bush or share the same ideals, but Bush doesn't muzzle him and have him banished to the pole. Simply agree to disagree and act like adults.

My $.02 on the matter.

Orrin

Thanks for your points. I'm going to really think about this today. I too am concerned that the general DRZ audience will feel penalized. (Bill, I never said that your contributions were not valueable, on the contrary). If this is the case I'm big enough to re-instate Mr. Bill. I can live with agreeing to disagree. I'm convinced that Bill and I will not find common ground. The long and the short of it is that TT expects ALL members to treat each other with respect. There is no reason to post something that has no other value than to get a rise out of someone. We all have enough crud to deal with that life brings our way!

?

Although I am new to the TT forum, I am not new to internet forums in general. A situation such as this has eventually happened in EVERY forum I have EVER posted on. Whether it is arrogance, poor attitude, or even jealousy from either side, it will dissappear over time and things will return to normal.