acerbis plastic

Thinking about changing the color to black on my 2001 kicker. Has anybody purchased body parts from acerbis and how's the fit. They have all the plastic in black except for the head light guard does anybody know where i can find one in black

I've got the Acerbis plastic in black. It looks sharp new but it shows every little scratch you put on it, thats for sure. It fits well, not like stock but good enough. If your not worried about how it looks a month from now go for it. I'm going back to yellow. MHO.

I've always had good luck with Acerbis and UFO. I agree with Sigster though. A buddy of mine just put all black plastic on his KX250. Shows EVERY scratch. A couple of rides and it looked pretty rough.

I put on the black ascerbis plastic and it looks great... fit was a little tighter than stock, but is to be expected. I then took CrazyLukes? idea for painting the headlight bezel black with Bumper Black spray paint. I have not yet taken it out in the dirt, so I dont know how well the paint will hold up.

As for the scratches on the plastic... yeah, it does scratch easily, but so does the rest ot the bike when you drop it :) I guess you could always cover it with the big clear stickers that are available at most shops.

By the way, is there any protocol for putting numbers on your bike... I plan to do some amateur comptetion riding so I wouldnt want to put the wrong ones on.

I could use the extra fuel of the 4.2 tank. I am planning on doing some long rides at Moab.(white rim is 125 miles) Does anyone know if the acerbis new yellow matches the 2001 E I bought the UFO hand gaurds and they are a darker yellow.

Originally posted by charlie:

Thinking about changing the color to black on my 2001 kicker. Has anybody purchased body parts from acerbis and how's the fit. They have all the plastic in black except for the head light guard does anybody know where i can find one in black

I have all black Acerbris plastic but have not insatlled it. I also have a front number plate/fork shroud from Cycra in black. I may get a chance to set it up this weekend.

I have all black plastic except for the headlight. A couple of friends have it and theirs is all scratched and looks rough just from normal use so I decided to not install it until I go to sell the bike. It is really pretty when new.

I am thinking of buying all white as my 2001 yellow is looking pretty rough and I never liked it as well as my 2000 white bike. My 2k looks really great and has just over 2,000 trail miles.

Detailer's Secret #101

If you want your plastic to look brand new, find DOT 5 brake fluid and apply a little to a rag and rub. It is a silicone base and will return it to new. Never ever try any other brake fluid number than #5! It works so well it 'unfogs' windshields on sportbikes also. I found it has no long term neg. effects either. Tt works better than s2000 and that other stuff. Always test a small area first.

CB : :)

I have the Acerbis black side panels. If I remember correctly, I had to do three things to get them to fit. One, struggle! - the Acerbis never fits well at first, so its a pain to get it bolted into place. After a few weeks, the plastic molds itself to the shape you set it, so future removals and attachements are easy. Second, I couldn't run with the stock battery cover over the battery - no problem really, as the side panel holds the battery in its box. Third, on the inside of the left side cover, I had to trim the plastic rib off of the inside of the plastic, as seen in this jpeg:

inside.jpg

The outside is scratched. You can use plastic polish, like Plexus, or as I do, just leave it - not worth the bother.

outside.jpg