KC Motorsports

Hi, I am going to get one of these little bikes from pep boys just to beat around on and have a little fun while out out the cottage. I was just wondering if anyone has any expeirience with this brand and if its woth it to get the 110 vs the 70cc. I weigh about 155 if thats a factor.

http://www.kcpowersportsusa.com/Product_Pages/87060_KC-70.htm

That page has specs for both bikes. the local pep boys sells the 70cc for $599 and the 110cc for $899

Thanks

I have seen a few running around here at the tracks and what not, the people that bought them say the work good for the intended purpose. I would still go though Outlaw the SSR line is a proven line. I have had experience with the A-1, C-4, and the B-2. Best part about Outlaw and SSR is they have a bike for nearly everyones budget and/or skill level.

Thie one posted here http://www.outlawpowersports.com/SSR125_C4_Pit_Bike_p/ssr125-c4.htm

Looks comparable enough in price to be worth it for me (for thr intended purpose) And if they are proven reliable, well that makes for an easier decision. However they are out of stock at the moment. I have emailed them to see if they know when to expect them, just waiting on a response.

The KC motorsports ones at Pep Boys I have seen, they don't look to bad and I know they are in stock. So, I'll have to just wait and see when the SSR's will be available.

If the KC's are shown to be decent and the SSR's arn't available till summer then I may have to just get the KC from pep boys.

But I am glad to get some responses, keep em coming.

Thanks

I have seen a few running around here at the tracks and what not, the people that bought them say the work good for the intended purpose. I would still go though Outlaw the SSR line is a proven line. I have had experience with the A-1, C-4, and the B-2. Best part about Outlaw and SSR is they have a bike for nearly everyones budget and/or skill level.

OK, they have the C-3 in stock, should I wait for the C-4 or just get the C-3?

Hi, I am going to get one of these little bikes from pep boys just to beat around on and have a little fun while out out the cottage. I was just wondering if anyone has any expeirience with this brand and if its woth it to get the 110 vs the 70cc. I weigh about 155 if thats a factor.

http://www.kcpowersportsusa.com/Product_Pages/87060_KC-70.htm

That page has specs for both bikes. the local pep boys sells the 70cc for $599 and the 110cc for $899

Thanks

We have the KC 70cc...got it for x-mas.......great little bike......I weight 195 lbs. and my boy weight's 85lbs. he's 11 yrs. old..... and it moves me around very well.....I clock myself going 40 m.p.h. with a G.P.S. unit and still has some throttle left before I ran out of road .....I've owned 5 PepBoy bikes and have like them all...we still have a 49cc dirt bike.......90cc ATV.....but the KC Pit bike is the best in terms of bang for the buck........I like to support my local stores and I never order expensive stuff sight un-seen.....but thats just me......there are a few guys on this board that have the KC 110cc and seem to like it very much as they mention in some older KC threads........again we are very please with our bike......they seem to be very sturdy and very tuff little bikes !!!!

Yea, I think I am going to go ahead and get the 70cc for $599.00 I have seen it and looks like pretty decent quality. I was considering ordering from the above mentioned site but there is no way I could recieve shipment based on their requirments. I can just go to Pep Boys and pick it up so thats what I guess I'll do.

Like I said, just looking for something to beat around on at the cottage, ride from the cottage to the other side of the lake, that sort of thing.

I have other toys to satisfy other needs, like my Banshee and CR250.

For $599 I can't see going wrong unless it was a pile of junk, which from what I've read from owners of the KC's is not the case.

Thanks

Yeah I just like going into the store and loading my bike up and taking it home that day.....don't mind doing some mail order but again not on big, expensive, heavy items....yup PB has some good bikes and you can save some $$ that way as well....I just pick up one of those O'neal Titan carbon and kevlar flat black moto helmets....on sale for $ 129.....reg $ 209 .....super light head gear...only weights about 1 lb.,.....pretty good deal. Let us know how you like your new bike......we sure like ours........have fun !!! *P.S. Final-Thought;....I do prefer the hands on inspection.....(you know crawling under the bikes...looking for quality parts) you get in a store.....I look over these bikes like they are used or something....ha !

For some reason I can't get the search to work here....but if you go to page 19 thread # 1126..(title KC POWERSPORTS)..in the non-full version you will see other posters such as MLUTHER80 who has the 110cc.....or just PM him for info.

I have the KC 110 and I've been beating the snot out of it and its holding up pretty good. I have replaced the plastics and handlebars because they broke in a crash. My friend that I ride with has a SSR 125 and I can keep up with him no problem, unless we are wound out in 4th then he pulls away a little. Its a great bike have fun on, no major issues.

• 5 weeks later...