Graphics

Is there a trick to properly installing new graphics and backgrounds without screwing them up?

Just make sure you clean the area really. You need to get EVERYTHING off. You can buy some sticker ON and Sticker OFF from Dennis Kirk. I can't remember the name of the stuff, but I have heard that it works pretty good.

The best thing you can do is take your time and don't rush yourself.

[ December 06, 2001: Message edited by: RiDe101 ]

Make sure it's clean like ride said,make a very diluted mixture of dish soap and water,spray it onto the area that the graphics are going onto,this allows you to position it just where you want it.Once you have it in place use a plastic bondo squeege to get out the water and air bubbles.Make sure you work from the middle outward.(p.s. just don't ask me how to put on side cover backgrounds on a DRZ,they are so curved that no matter how hard I tried I couldn't avoid putting wrinkles in the backgrounds) Good luck.

Thanks

Guys

The soap and water does wonders...you can also use a hair dryer and a squeegy to get the little bubbles out....ps the hair dryer helps in getting the graphics to set faster....

One drop of dishwashing liquid to a quart spray bottle is all you really need. The soap breaks the surface tension of the water.

Adam

P.S. ctsteve check you PM

MAKE SURE YOUR HANDS ARE CLEAN!!!! Otherwise you'll leave finger prints on the clear areas and edges.

Originally posted by cetris:

Who's graphic kits are you guys installing? I really like the looks of the Yoshimura kit the best, but then I found out it cost $180 :) and that is just stickers, no seat cover. It does include a lot of stickers (more than just tank and shroud) but it is just too expensive.

What are you guys installing....N-Style...One Industries....Factory Effex?

Factory Effex

Who's graphic kits are you guys installing? I really like the looks of the Yoshimura kit the best, but then I found out it cost $180 :) and that is just stickers, no seat cover. It does include a lot of stickers (more than just tank and shroud) but it is just too expensive.

What are you guys installing....N-Style...One Industries....Factory Effex?

N-Style black backgrounds (real thick,but tough to get smooth on the sidepanels even w/heat)

I just finished my FX graphics with seat cover ,sopy water and a heat gun, not a hair dryer and remember stay calm!! :)

Friend of mine just received his Yosh team graphics kit in the mail last week from Hipersports.com

He paid 138.99 plus shipping. It included the graphics and the seat cover.

DWJC,

I stumbled across the Yosh kit at Hipersports yesterday. I think they have it on sale now for $149, but I didn't know it included the seat cover. Thanks for the tip.