Sign in to follow this  

Shipping parts to Canada

Need advise please.

Whats the best method to have second hand parts shipped to Canada, ordinary mail or Fed-ex, UPS or whatever?

Thanx

Any advise greatly appreciated.

[ December 07, 2001: Message edited by: dendrz ]

You probably saw my post on "Warning for Canadian Bajadesigns customers". I'm not sure what the broker thinks of used parts, but I received used golf clubs (made in USA pings) and got gouged for $100 brokerage on $500 used clubs. So be careful.

That was UPS.

The mirror I received from Baja was UPS as well.

My advice, and I am going to follow as well. Ship to close to the border, go over and pick them up and bring them across the border yourself.

Let us know if you find a better way.

Thanks

Same thing here. Get your stuff shipped close to the Maine border and pick it up in the States. It will cost you less in gas than paying brokerage fees. If the stuff is used, you ca declare a low $ value when coming back into Canada. You will still have to pay taxes though.

Johnnydrz 2000 blue 400S

I have had many parts shipped to Canada.

The best and cheapest way is Air Mail.

Just send as a gift.

Do not use UPS there are always hidden costs

Thanks for the response :)

I think collecting the bits at the Maine address is the way to go.

Thanx again

My recommendation is to have it shipped my regular mail. If you are a little worried about you can have it insured and registered for a little more. You will still have to pay taxes on but you don’t have to pay broker fees. Sure going down to the boarder is fine but I don’t have the time (and spend $20 on gas) to save a few bucks, if you claim it you still have to pay the taxes (or if they catch you).

I would stay far away from UPS, I have never used Fed-ex so I don’t know.

Some tricks are send it as a gift, under value it on the customer sticker, mark it as used product.

Dennis,

I assume you are asking about shipping in regards to the seat foam and covers. Just let me know what you want to do, and I'll do it. I'll ship it to where ever you want. The price I gave you was UPS. I'll try to get a price from US mail today(if I can make it before they close). I'll let you know if it's any cheaper. :)

Originally posted by CAL:

Dennis,

I assume you are asking about shipping in regards to the seat foam and covers. Just let me know what you want to do, and I'll do it. I'll ship it to where ever you want. The price I gave you was UPS. I'll try to get a price from US mail today(if I can make it before they close). I'll let you know if it's any cheaper. :)

Yes those parts plus some others, gathering up parts for my cabin fever projects :D

Thanx

Den

As for ordering parts over the net, I've found my local bike dealer can get me alot of the good toys, from names such as: clarke, cyra plastics, big gun, yosh, and well a bunch of other ones I just can't think of right now

:)

I didn't make it to the post office. :)

Originally posted by CAL:

I didn't make it to the post office. :)

Cal, Check your email :D