Hydra. Clutch

Anyone using one and where did you find it....

greenranger,i dont have a hydraulic clutch on my bike.....yet,but check out www.billetanium.com.there the only ones i know that make one for the drz. i dont think hebo or magura have one,but could be wrong.

Magura makes a system for the DRZ its 200.00 cheaper than the billetanium.399.00 vs 199.00.The Magura lever has the deco lever built into it if you have a kicker.

Check out Chaparrel, they have it on sale for $199.I want to get one also.

cant find it. whats it listed under?

I checked out Chaparrel web site and couldn't find it. I saw it in thier add in Dirt Rider, I guess you have to call.

I' m sorry it is the Magura one.

I installed a Magura last year. The pull is very smooth and progressive. It's not a must have but I sure would hate to go back to a cable now.

Is the hydraulic clutch self-adjusting or what, how does that work?

I installed a Hebo unit this summer and I find it`s well worth the money. Erider sells them

189$ and it`s construction is better than the Magura (my opinion) as the cable on the magura is a press fitted rubber hose and the Hebo is a bolted braided hose. The unit is universal and should fit no problem on your DRZ`s, the only difference is that the hebo unit doesn`t have the decomp lever built in, so the fit is tight. The feel of it on my bike is night and day :) ... I would definitely not go back to cable. If I sell my present bike I`ll simply take it off, re-install the OEM cable and use it on my next bike.

http://www.erider.ws/hyd.htm

Alain

Hi Alain! Did you buy it from the States or you found it locally? I'm from Mirabel and I'm considering a hydraulic clutch for sometime next year. Would you know who distributes it in Canada?

Hi there Johnny !

I ordered it directly from the States... it might be a bit more expensive (sometimes not)but there`s less hassle as you deal directly with the dealer over there. As an example, I spoke to a guy who ordered the Scotts dampner in june and only got possession of it in september... I on the other hand, ordered it directly from Scotts and got it within a few week (3 tops). Also a good rule of thumb when ordering from the States is that whatever price you see in US, once it reaches your door here in Canada it`s going to cost double that with our money.

bummer :)

by the way Johnny, I`m in Montreal so maybe come next summer we could hitch up and go for a ride somewhere....

See ya

Alain

Alain, I'm all for that! I just hope there won't be too much snow this winter. If spring is "dry" enough, then we'll be able to hit the trails early. Am I dreaming? Meanwhile, I'll be skiing and snowshoeing to stay in shape. Gotta be able to pick up da bike when I fall!!!

See you soon,

Great :) , see you next spring !!