Extended Warranty

I just received a flyer in the mail from Suzuki in regards to an extended warrantey. I called my local dealer and he is going to look into it.

He thought it would be $400 for a 3 year extended warranty. I my bike is a 2001 DRZ400E.

Has anyone purchased an extended warrantey?

If you have purchased an extended warrantey did you use it and are you happy with it?

I don't know what you think but that pretty cheap insurance for the way I ride mine.

Let me know your thoughts please.

Ride to live and live to ride!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Suzuki has done their math. They all have. Years ago, I saw thing on 60 minutes where they said that for every dollar these guys get from you, they will usually give $.14 back to you in warranty claims.

It's like going to Vegas. Your motor might explode tomorrow, and you'll be happy you had an extended warranty (Jack Pot), but statistically IT WON'T.

Your money is better spent on a good set of tools and the shop manual.

Agree with toms! BUT - I have the extended warranty anyway. Dealer sold it to me for $314. I purchased it for the exact reason that toms noted: If she explodes, I'm covered. I had the money; I wanted to know that if I had major parts failure, I would be covered; and I knew I'd be putting 16K+ miles on this bike within the warranty period.