Sign in to follow this  

Anyone running a 50t sprocket and a pipe ??

How does the ride with a 50t sprocket and aftermarket pipe ?? Is a 50t sprocket the best setup or do you go the opposite to a 48t ??

I too have a Leo Vince exhaust. It really expanded the power on the '05 RMZ 450. For me, it's hard to decide because it expands the power enough in 2nd gear that I can stay in it if I have to, yet it gives enough low end, where I can do 3rd if I clutch it in some of the low speed corners.

I basically posted your same question yesterday without much response.

People say they love the 50t, but it's hard to say without them knowing what the LV exhaust does to this bike.

I need to replace mine this week. If I go to a 50 or 48, I'll let you know

I ordered the 50t and will have it tomorrow..... I'll let you know. The power almost seems to broad to me with the LV pipe....

i run a 50 tooth, with a yosh. slip on. i found it gives me alot of bottom end. maybe to much, great for small track like star west. i am looking to get a new exhaust system that gives me more hi end.

MXMAN,

Be sure to let me know. I love how broad the LV makes the bike. Everyone who rides my "Z" is extremely impressed. That's even back to back against '06 models.

The 50 tooth may be the right answer for this bike. Looking forward to what you have to say.

I found the 50T was great with the stock pipe, best combo ever, but I went back to the 49 with my Ti4. Im thinking of goingback to the stock pipe as the Pro Circuit wears me out to quick

I've been running a renthal 50t and FMF 4.1C (carbon) system for over two months.

I think it's all in the rider. My friends can't take much with this setup, they are CRF450R riders, all stock. They say the bike is too demanding for them, I'm 6'1" 230lbs and I'm able to ride my bike all the way in 3rd gear all of the track. Our track is tight in some areas and open in other areas.

I've been running a renthal 50t and FMF 4.1C (carbon) system for over two months.

I think it's all in the rider. My friends can't take much with this setup, they are CRF450R riders, all stock. They say the bike is too demanding for them, I'm 6'1" 230lbs and I'm able to ride my bike all the way in 3rd gear all of the track. Our track is tight in some areas and open in other areas.

ive got the same setup except ti instead of carbon on my 06 and it is 3rd gear everywhere on the track-im coming off an 05 cr 450 and can say im way more comfy on the zook and dont get tired out as quick as i did on the crf.

i do not want to make this a exhaust thread, but besides the leo vinc. system, has any one found a good exhaust that expands each gear? with the 50 sprocket?

hey, if anyone wants a 50t ironman sprocket, I've got one brand new still in the wrapping. I'll sell it for $60 it retails for $100.

I'm in the bay area or I can ship it too.

Is it recomended to run a 50t sprocket with standard exhaust? my 06 came with a 49t rear on but my local shop's renthal book lists a 48 for the 06 so thats what i whent with, i never rode the bike with the 49 rear

I have a PC Ti-4 pipe with a 50t rear sprocket. I like this setup as the pipe lets it pull longer in each gear. I have to shift less with the PC pipe than with stock. I like to try things out, so I swapped the pipes back and forth and tried the stock 49, a 50, and a 51t sprocket. PC pipe with the 50t works best for me for moto.

the pc ti-4 was the 1st system i thought of but, $$$$$$ i guess they all are. just have to enjoy what i have for now. has anyone messed with the front sprocket? or should we just leave it alone.

the pc ti-4 was the 1st system i thought of but, $$$$$$ i guess they all are. just have to enjoy what i have for now. has anyone messed with the front sprocket? or should we just leave it alone.

I got lucky and bought a used one off of eBay for $300. It looked perfect, but I repacked it to be sure.

Is it recomended to run a 50t sprocket with standard exhaust?
Yes! It's known that the 05/06 is geared too tall. Add a tooth and you should notice the difference. I did as soon as I did one lap.
my 06 came with a 49t rear on but my local shop's renthal book lists a 48 for the 06 so thats what i whent with, i never rode the bike with the 49 rear
Again it's all in the rider, if a 48t works for you on your track then stick with that setup.

Wide open in third gear is more then enough for me on my local track with the 50t. It really helps on the tighter parts of the track (don't have to use the clutch as much as I did with the 49). I have not been able to take my setup in fourth gear to its limit. In fact I never have to use fourth, I would need a 51t if anything.

VanHalen,

I put the 50t sprocket on yesterday. The track had added a ton of sand so it made feeling the differance a little tough. The bike definitly pulls way more on the bottom with less top end. I'll need to try it this weekend to really see if it's better. I was getting a lot of wheel spin with the sand. My gut feeling is good. Coming up to jumps with a short take off seemed much easier.

i have a 50t, but after sat i might go back to a 49t. i have been getting faster and faster, my head bigger and bigger. but sat went to race town 395 , big track, big jumps. could not find the top end speed to hit anything, nothing like the small track of star west. brought me back to reality.

i do think it all comes down to the rider, now that i am getting faster, especially turning, i do not need the 50t or such low end. 49t i can use the mid-hi end and go faster.