Sign in to follow this  

Softer seat/foam available?

I never had a problem with my old DR350 but with my DRZ I qam having alot of lower back/butt pain after rides. Is this a suspension setup problem or are DRZ seats unusually hard? What can be done?

Thanks.

I know that the DRZ has a pretty soft seat compared to other bikes. Do you sit down when you hit bumps and stuff? I've had the bike give me a shot or two when I've been sitting down on the bike. Other than that, beats me.

I know that the DRZ has a pretty soft seat compared to other bikes. Do you sit down when you hit bumps and stuff? I've had the bike give me a shot or two when I've been sitting down on the bike while going over rough terrain. Other than that, beats me.

Sorry about the double post!!

[ December 09, 2001: Message edited by: RiDe101 ]

Try some of those poly riding shorts like the mountain bike riders use. The ones with no seam and a pad sewn in the croch. You get a little extra padding wear you need it and the nylon lets you slide around in the pants without getting monkey butt. :) works for me!

I agree with EZGZ. The padded shorts have done wonders for fighting "monkey butt". In fact, at first, I thought that my "e" seat was too hard! Ever time I went riding, I ended up quite sore. I know that Suzuki makes a "gel" replacement seat, but the problem is, it is thinner than the stock seat (results in a shorter overall seat height). Not a problem for some, but I wanted to keep the "tall" feeling.

If your back is also bothering you, you probably need to look into more than just the seat. You did not mention how, or what type of riding you do. Obviously, fast rough riding will place more strain on your back than a trip to the market.

Good luck, and keep on roosting.