Sign in to follow this  

06 250F Motor broke today

I got my bike back last week.THANK YOU YAMAHA!What a great company,they covered everything.It's nice to see a company stand behind their product.This is the reason I went back to riding Yamaha's....

It's good that they are repairing the faults free of charge.

But my biggest concern is that it is a time bomb so to speak. I'd hate it to shit itself on the face of a jump.

becoming a common thing now with these 06 motors, over here in England all the bikes have been re-called because of dodgy valves.. Basically what's happening is valve heads are snapping off and being ****zored. Mine goes in on Wednesday for its work

If everyone else already has a blown bike, what does this mean for those who don't have blown bikes? Their fine?

Ride it until it breaks, then Yamaha will give you a new rebuild for free - can't beat that! :D:applause:

so what your saying is its not a matter of if it is gonna break but a matter of WHEN it is going to break. is there a time limit as to when yamaha will stop replacing the parts. because i am scared that i am gonna have to spend a thousand bucks on my new bike

Are you joking? :applause::D:prof:

I am somewhat joking... The point is, they haven't issued a recall in the US yet, so there isn't much WE can do, so just ride the thing and if it breaks, Yamaha will fix it. Hopefully it won't break on our way up the ramp of a jump... :lol::bonk:

I'm definitely NOT going to sit there and look at my bike hoping for a recall, I'm gonna ride it... HARD. :prof:

My 06 ends in the 8600 range and was bought in February, should I be concerned (it has about 20 hours on it now).

I would just ride it, if it breaks deal with it then.

You have modified your bike to have a 290cc BB engine, so in that sense, they now have a valid reason to deny your claims since you have modified the stock engine to be "out of spec" - that would be my guess... :applause:

i didnt take chance and change all 3 intake valve , if i crash hard because of a bad valve and know that maybe my bike got one , ill regret it so bad, its getting in my head and you have to be confident with the bike when youre jumping big jumps