Sign in to follow this  

$1300 later......but it runs great

After attempting to shim my valves myself........I did that but cam chain kept slipping a tooth or 3...... I took it to a highly recommended mechanic. Bike had set for 8 months and I learned some very valuable lessons.

Do your maintence. I chained oil and filter after every other ride.......cleaned air filter after every ride.........but I didn't check the valves like I should have.

If you are shimming your valves yourself.......DO NOT let the cam chain fall down into the engine.....try not to let it get any slack....at all. Come to find out when mine fell down into the engine and then i pulled it back up.......it broke the little U shaped thingamajig that holds the cam chain guide. Luckily the guy that fixed my bike used some extreme high heat epoxy ( 3 thin layers and lots of drying time ) so I didnt have to buy the case that it is molded into.

New Head...went with '05

New Exhaust Rocker arm

New Hotcam

New JE 13.5 to 1 piston kit

New cluth fiber set....plates were good

New Galfer dront Disc (stock was bent in the wreck)

New valves, springs, seals, gaskets, filter

Anyway I was on it for about 3 minutes after I got it back from shop and all I can say is dayummmm it has a whole lot more giddy up. Can't wait to really ride it this weekend. Pulled the front wheel off the ground in 2nd and 3rd with just a little bit of a blip with the throttle.

An expensive lesson but I got off pretty easy all things considered. Not to mention my insurance company is picking up all but $300 of my new pair of CTI2 knee braces being made right now.

what octane are you running with that high comp piston?

91 is what I have been told works the best......haven't run it yet but that's what I am going to run this afternoon.

Well too bad you had to learn an expensive lesson, but not everything was bad about it, you now have a fast bike....

Well too bad you had to learn an expensive lesson, but not everything was bad about it, you now have a fast bike....

I'll admit it..first time back on the bike in 10 months..and it runs so well I was scared :ride::lol: Ass end slid out on me in about the first 15 minutes....scared the sh*t out of me......don't get my CTI2's until mid next week.

I can't wait until I get more time on the seat and learn how to ride this thing. :crazy::ride: