Chinese bike pics!!!

Wait 'till your see some pictures of mine...then you'll know what lame is. For a hint, let's just say my Dad and his friends started calling me "Super Cool Boy" while we were putting the thing together and I've got some sticker removal on the agenda for tonight.

Well this is what mine looks like. Does it look like ass?

LF200gy-5_from_lifan_website.jpg

Yes, it does actually say "Cool Boy" on the side cover. :crazy:

Now THAT is a COOL one! The plastic looks nice. The headlight is ripped from Suzuki, the front fender from the 80's style Honda XL series, but that's one of the best I've seen. Just wish it had those inverted forks.

So where and how much?

PS. Just rip the cool boy stickers off the back. Talk about uncool finishing touches. :ride:

Well this is what mine looks like. Does it look like ass?

LF200gy-5_from_lifan_website.jpg

Yes, it does actually say "Cool Boy" on the side cover. :crazy:

aaaaaahhhhh hhhhaaaa! &%$#@! is with the right front turn signal?? is it signalling to the chinese bombers where to drop the payload?

Heres what a Roketa RKM-200ES looks like... New%20Bike%20Pics need to take some more pics :ride: I got mine from powersportsmax.com but if I had it to do over again I would probably get one from xxx-motorsports.com.

Newbee,

Does that thing have a 16 or 18inch rear wheel??? Or are you really tall??? Bike looks smaller than the other pics I've seen of them, unless you're pretty tall (6'4" or more). Looks pretty decent though. :crazy::ride:

I am 5'11''s tall the rear wheel is a 18 inch but the seat is lower than your bike. It probably looks small since the motorcycle and I are on an incline. All in all its pretty comfortable to ride, I don't feel like its too small when I'm on it.

Just looks like it needs a rear mono shock off of a KX 500, and it would all be good!!! :crazy:

I love mountains in the background!!!! I went elk hunting in CO last year, beautiful up in the mountains, but no elk, only a bunch of free roaming cattle. Better luck next time in '07 or '08, hopefully. :ride:

It is definately painted so I am guessing it is steel underneath. I don't think you would have to paint aluminum just to make it sparkel more. I'm not going to scratch the paint off to find out but your probably right that it is steel. The bike was weighted at 323lbs in the box, I bet it is some where just under 300lbs by its self. The shock is adjustable on the back not sure how to adjust it yet, there is an aluminum type of bottle on the side that is connected thru a hose to the mono shock, I am thinking it must be some sort of dampener, it seems like most of the brand name bikes have them.

That remote bottle hooked to the shock is a remote reservoir. How well it works depends on what's in it. Odds are there is a bladder with nitrogen inside. I'm also guessing it's no better than the one that was on my XR200R. It will work fine for transportation.

There are several possible adjustments to the rear shock.

The adjustable shock probably has a couple movable rings at the end of the spring that can be screwed up or down. They are locked in place by screwing them together in opposite directions. An alternative would be a turnable piece with notches. This just lets you set the spring preload and suspension sag. Most Asian bikes are set for someone 185-195 lbs. If you weigh a little more you'll want to bump up the pressure on the spring. With your added weight, the year end should sag a little but for street I'd keep it to less than 20% of the full wheel travel. For off road it can be as much as 30%

It should also have a rebound damping setting. As you bump up the pressure on the spring the rear shock Will rebound faster. If the damping isn't high enough, higher spring pressure will cause the rear end to hop or try to buck you off the seat. This is usually a screw adjuster.

And the gas reservoir (can or bottle) attached to the rear shock can have a valve where you can increase or decrease gas pressure withing the shock.

Ok thanks for the info, I think its worth what I paid for it considering the alternatives. This is my first bike ever, so I don't plan on doing jumps, just going to do some easy trail riding and getting around town. Maybe In a couple years or so I'll be able to get a KLR650 :crazy:

http://www.powersportsmax.com/product_info.php/products_id/278

Now does that or penguin's bike look better (note: It does also come in other colors than the puke green/yamablue horrible mismatch deal.

Are you kidding, I LOVE that green bike. Its a Roketa and it's all I can do not to order one your now! Of the 200cc bikes available, the 2006 Lifan LF200GY-5 is the most capable and has all of the features including metal battery box and 7amp/hour battery instead of 2 like many of the others and also has more fuel storage than most. BUT, I LOVE that Roketa looks enough that I might forgo sme of that for appearance. Glad there is more than one style available of these bikes...something here for everyone.