collar bone

ive broke it... well almost broken... decent sized fracture... i was out for about 3 - 4 weeks... then doc said i should wait for a little longer but 4 weeks with no riding seems like an eternity... so i had to go out ridin. didnt do anything crazy till bout the 5th week.

.... dont know if that helps....

I broke mine clean in two back in high school playing lacrosse. common injury in that sport. Then rebroke it in practice. Now I have a huge calcium knot. (it'll never break in that spot again!)Tough because you cant set it and cast it. Just kinda floats around in there till it mends and then gets stonger. six weeks maybe quicker if your body is strong. Its wild you can actually grab the bone and move it but eventually you can really tug on it and you know its ready.

just my 2 cents dont turn 4 weeks into 8 weeks

good luck

Doug

I came up short on a double at friday practice at an indoor track and met the dirt shoulder first. Healing took seven weeks on the dot. I went and got X rays and they confirmed it was broken. They said keep it in a sling for seven weeks and then come back and get X rays. I did and was riding that afternoon.

The doc said it would feel fine after a couple weeks, but the worst thing I could do was try to come back to 100% too soon b/c if you rebreak it, it takes a LOOOOONG timeto heal.