Yosh TEC

Does anyone have the Yosh slip on with the TEC? Can you get it with the pipe or do you need to buy it as an add on. Have you played with the different inserts? The yosh website list a few different models of slip on with TEC, but it doesn't say what the differences between them are.

For my S I was told by Yosh to order Full 2165500-TEC or Slip-on 2165600-TEC. They both come with spark arrestor and both sound inserts. I have one on order but may not get it till spring.

I would suggest emailing yosh. They were really good with helping me out and got back to me fast.

Originally posted by SouthOc:

I just got the Yosh Tec Slip-on for my '00 S. I love it, but its quite loud. Im also looking for the caps, anyone seen them or know how much they are?

E

Did yours come with the extra core?, did it have a spark arrestor? I was told by yosh they are $40 (part #TEC)

Mine did not come with the caps but it does have a spark arrestor, which I hear is NOT USFS approved, anyone know about this?? Not that I care, but it would be nice to know for sure.

If you dont follow the letter of the law, at least comply in spirit.

E

I have a full Yosh system with TEC on my E-Model. I also got the extra insert kit which consist of two inserts. One insert is about 25% smaller than the original outlet and takes the bite off the exhaust note without any noticable performance loss. The second insert has a dime size outlet and makes the DRZ sound like a XL100 Honda, there is some performance drop but it sure is stealthy. It's nice to have an option depending on where I will be riding!

Originally posted by drz rider:

I have a full Yosh system with TEC on my E-Model. I also got the extra insert kit which consist of two inserts. One insert is about 25% smaller than the original outlet and takes the bite off the exhaust note without any noticable performance loss. The second insert has a dime size outlet and makes the DRZ sound like a XL100 Honda, there is some performance drop but it sure is stealthy. It's nice to have an option depending on where I will be riding!

I guess the second insert is much more quiet then the stock pipe then? How much louder in the race insert then the stock pipe?

I am thinking about getting one of these but I just want to hear what everyone has to say about it before I empty out my wallet. I ordered one from my shop by I ended up with an older pipe and it was not the TEC so I send it back, now I have been thinking of just sticking with the stock pipe. Just want to make sure I make the right decision.

My used '00 DRZ came with a LOUD '00 Yosh RS3. Yosh says the TEC insert kit is for their '01 pipes but "might" work with the '00's. Well, they don't fit stock, but with 10 minutes on a bench grinder, they work fine. You get 2 inserts with spotwelded-on screens. My pipe was already screened, so I took the new ones off. I inserted the larger of the 2 supplied inserts and it did take off the edge of the open pipe, probably 2-3 DBs, it is definitely a lot easier on the ears, with probably only a slight power loss at max RPM, but I didn't notice it. Cost is $40, a little high for what you get, if you are a good welder/fabricator, you could make the parts for $5.

Seek, no pics, but here's the 'script. The RS3 exhaust outlet is about 2 inches diam. If you take off the end cap (4 allens), the outlet has a 2 1/4" diameter to slide over the baffle. The hole decreases to 2" out the rear, the insert rests on this lip, between the end cap and the baffle. The insert is just a 1 1/2" diam. steel tube 2" long welded onto a 2 1/2" cicle of sheet steel with a hole cut out for the tube. I had to grind the outer diameter to 2 1/4" to fit in the 2000 RS3 end cap. Just two peices of thin (1/8" ?) steel to weld together for a removable insert. Good luck, TT

Thanks TT I'll try my hand at welding.

South0c, I had the same problem with my Yosh pipe. I bought the spark arrestor and it didn't say USFS so I called Yosh and they had me send the pipe in. I got back a new muffler RS-3 with screen and USFS sticker.

Now I need the tips to cool it down. It's running 102 db. ?