Sign in to follow this  

Why bother give us a manual, anyway?

When I purchased my '01 E last Summer, I asked where the manual for the thing was. The dealer said "it's, uh under that paper..." To which I discovered the teeny-tiny little booklet that I got that told me such nuggets of wisdom like:

Throttle: to make your motorcycle go faster, rotate the grip TOWARD you. To slow down, rotate the grip AWAY from you. NNOOOOO! really!

And, another good one was when referring to the idle adjustment: This is the idle adjustment, it adjusts the amount of fuel to the carburetor, however, only a qualified suzuki technician should adjust this :) Dontcha think that we should know how to do mundane things like twist the throttle before we buy the bike? Am I going to read up on such nuggets and now be proficient in how to ride all of the sudden? If I have to learn how to do that from the tiny manual I have no business riding.

When I got my DR 250 back in the day, it came with a 3-ring shop manual that showed how to overhaul the thing, and do a top-end, etc. So I guess my rant is all at aimed at Suzuki getting with the program and at least making more readily available a shop manual, or not wasting the money on the little useless pamphlet.

Can you say Liability? CYA cover your ass! There is so much good in the world but because of a few bad apples we all have to suffer.

I to remember when you got a manual and a tool kit. Maybe I should have my spoke wrench gold plated.

Originally posted by yellathumpah:

Throttle: to make your motorcycle go faster, rotate the grip TOWARD you. To slow down, rotate the grip AWAY from you. NNOOOOO! really!

So thats how it works!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:):D:D:D