Sign in to follow this  

Warranty

Maybe A stupid Question but I live in Canada and as long as I have being riding and buying MX bikes I have being told that there is no warranty. I have gone back to the dealer with problems and they have hooked me up free of charge but for an actual warranty in writing never seen it. Until this add on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-KX-KX450F-NEW-06-Kawasaki-KX450F-Kaw-KX-450F-450-F-Dirt-Bike-Race_W0QQitemZ4633968087QQcategoryZ50018QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So can you U.S. boys enlighten me or let me know if I am getting screwed.

:crazy:

I checked out Kawasaki's website and the only mention a warranty for offroad (KLX KDX) bikes.

Even without a real warrently, many times the dealership or the factory will fix it if they feel it was due to a defect.

They say it does not come with a warranty, and its true, as it officaly does not. This is where your relationship with your local dealer comes into play. If your an ass to them they wont help you. Speaking from a dealers postion, If you purchased your bike from me and something katostrophic happens within a reasonable amount of time, I can usually get it covered by kawi (ahh the glory of kawasaki, lets see honda do that). For instance, a kickstater on an 05 kx that snapped off on the third ride, A carb that had the hotstart seize after two months of riding, a complete top and bottom end that locked up after 10 hours, a bent valve, and so on. So I guess yes they do have a warranty its just how much your dealer is willing to work for you. The best thing you can do is biuld a relationship with them.

thats exactly what I thought and have practiced for the last ten years. I saw this ebay add and I couldn't believe they where advertising warranty and you could buy extended.

SJ250 I'm in camrose

That was the last place I rode my bike! Tweaked my knee at the indoor track there in december.

bought a kxf 450 here in the uk which came with a 6 months parts warranty had problems with fork comp adjuster snapping off would not go from 1-2gear poor handling because of crap rear shock valving/linkage kawasaki uk would not warrant comp adjuster returned bike to dealer brought home 06 crf450 after 4years ridding 450 hondas without wings you will never fly kawasaki warranty not worth the paper its written on

bought a kxf 450 here in the uk which came with a 6 months parts warranty had problems with fork comp adjuster snapping off would not go from 1-2gear poor handling because of crap rear shock valving/linkage kawasaki uk would not warrant comp adjuster returned bike to dealer brought home 06 crf450 after 4years ridding 450 hondas without wings you will never fly kawasaki warranty not worth the paper its written on

Good post right there

I've got 5 hours on my 07 kx450 and starting making loud noises. Checked my oil, and filter and found no problems, then pulled out my oil pump screen and found it about 75% plugged with silicone and metal shavings. Cleaned it up and changed oil and tried it out, I think the damage has been done. It's burning oil, major blowby, and lacking power.

Took it to the dealer today and I'll see what kind of "warranty" I recieve.

**Check your oil pump screen Kawi guys and save yourselfs some headaches!!**

I've got 5 hours on my 07 kx450 and starting making loud noises. Checked my oil, and filter and found no problems, then pulled out my oil pump screen and found it about 75% plugged with silicone and metal shavings. Cleaned it up and changed oil and tried it out, I think the damage has been done. It's burning oil, major blowby, and lacking power.

Took it to the dealer today and I'll see what kind of "warranty" I recieve.

**Check your oil pump screen Kawi guys and save yourselfs some headaches!!**

This is a well documented and discussed issue on both the 06 and 07 Kawi 450s. The 07s have a twist to the issue in that you have to ensure you get the pump rod inserted back in correctly.

Kawasaki KX's do not come with a factory warranty in the U.S. There are A/M warranty companies that have them available. Ask your dealer for details.

If you've had a problem and Kawi took care of it, it was "Good Will'ed". Kawasaki(KMC at least) is really good in this regard, and places huge emphasis on customer service

I thought they spoke English in England. :applause: