Sign in to follow this  

Best off-road tire for traction in mud?

Not all of us get the buddy deal. $59 for Michelins is a really good price. I want to try something different. I'm gonna give these Pirellis a try.

Well, I pay a few $$ ($63) more but not enough to warrant a change. Surely there has to be a local guy in the parts and service business you can make friends with. If not, ride what is familar and comfortable to you that you can get a decent deal on, which is what it seems you have done. :crazy:

A lot of these local parts guys either race or attend the local moto's and hare scrambles, check around...

Not all of us get the buddy deal. $59 for Michelins is a really good price. I want to try something different. I'm gonna give these Pirellis a try.

You will love them ! I sure do.

Dwight

Hey,

Ran 15psi in the Dunlop 742 (fron tire) this weekend, and they acted a lot better! Stiffened up the wishy washyness of the tire. Still waiting on the Pirellis!!!

Looking for tire recommendations for my '98 XR600R. Ride in Northern Michigan, sand, loose dirt, some pavement to get from the house to the trails. Would like to get a tire that handles it all and lasts.

Thanks!

Try the new Dunlop 756 rear and front, I have them on my KTM 625 sxc and did a 260 km ride in beach and coastal tracks, they really wore well considering I run a 49t rear sprocket. Or try the pirelli laguna cross they are the best thing for big bore 4 stokes....