Sign in to follow this  

I want more power for my SSR 125. what to do??

What are the best mods to get more power out of my SSR125 and not spending to much?? Rev box??? CDI?? Bigger Carb?? Pipe?? let me know what will be my best bet. thanks alot guys

I am getting ready to do the Keihin 24mm Carb Upgrade and the Rotor Kit. I have already replaced the CDI box and put on a BBR D-Section Big Bore Pipe, So i'll let you know how mine is afterward...So far so Good withthe Pipe and CDI Box.

what motor do you have.

Do the 131 kit with the high compression piston. I'd recommend against the inner rotor cause it's pricey. Have your flywheel shaved down and shave the oil sling, much cheaper.

For sure get a 24 or 26mm carb too, along with a good pipe if your ssr doesn't have a good one to start with

which motor do you have ? a zongshin? or a jahling (gpx style ) i've seen both on ssr's of late.

no matter which one get a pipe ( my friend runs a big guns on his ssr's w/zongshin ) trail bikes rev box , rejet or go bigger with the carb , my friends zongshin has a 14 tooth countershaft sprocket it needs a 16 or 17 tooth but no one can find a sprocket that fits it but that would be a big help for sure,a 131 kit really wakes these motors up as doe's porting the head and matching the intake to the head .

look around and you'll see lots of hop up ideas for both types of motors.

hit up outlaw / staggs / t-boltusa just name a few for ideas and parts .

all three all top notch companys to deal with .

the rating of these guys is :crazy::ride::ride::lol::cheers: .

on the DEMON'S RATING.

If you're not ready to buy a pipe yet check your stocker. My RCM had huge gobs of weld right at the head. 10 minutes with a die grinder is a lot cheaper than springing for a pipe. I'm gonna run it till it gets smashed up and spend my money elsewhere for now.

My motor is stock, I now have the 24mm Keihin Carb Installed and the BBR D-Section Big Bore Pipe, Plus the BBR CDI Box. I haven't installed the rotor kit yet, but I should have that done in a matter of weeks. So far so good, Power is up alot with those upgrades. But I hear the Rotor Kit is key. I also have heard from certain people that shaving the fly wheel is a good thing too. I dunno if I'll try that with this motor. I may wait until it pukes and then go for a GPX Works.

Is it hard to pull the flywheel? also how much do i shave off?? should i do this with a carb kit and cdi box and than what pipe should i get??

also how much is the BBR d section pipe?? head pipe too?? also the louder the better hows it sound??