Sign in to follow this  

Galdwin 5/26

DNR announced they are going to reopen the middle north loop of Gladwin on Memorial Day weekend. I know it's not the greatest to ride, but it's close for me!

DNR announced they are going to reopen the middle north loop of Gladwin on Memorial Day weekend. I know it's not the greatest to ride, but it's close for me!

Since it hasn't been open for a while, it should be in pretty good shape......

Of course, I'm sure it won't take long before it becomes a sandy, whooped-out, sh*t hole once all the useless quads hit for a few days...... :crazy:

Since it hasn't been open for a while, it should be in pretty good shape......

Of course, I'm sure it won't take long before it becomes a sandy, whooped-out, sh*t hole once all the useless quads hit for a few days...... :ride:

DANG! :crazy:

If I remember correctly, the north loop is a bit more wooded and a bit tighter than the south. Hence, less likely to get whooped out as most of the quad riders stay to the south. Either way, the Gladwin trails in general just see too much traffic. They will always be a wreck.

Hello. I just joined the site, and found this post regarding the Gladwin trail.

Pardon my ignorance, but would the portion of the trail set to reopen happen to be an ORV trail? I'm in the Saginaw area, so it's a relatively close drive, but lots of people on the MI ATV site say it's not worth it (being that only the south loop is open). I've been to Atlanta, Missaukee & Geels, but none are close.

I agree it's no fun riding on the whoops, especially with a utility quad, so are the sport atv's the ones making them? Guess I figured the bikes had something to do with it. When my buddy and I are riding all we do is kick some sand to the side at the worst, and he rides a 650 Prarie.

Don't mean to start anything, just curious.

All traffic creates whoops, the more traffic, the more whoops. Believe it or not, even slow-going utility riders add to the moguls.

The middle loop is what is scheduled to be opened, which is the section of trail north of M-61 up to where the ORV Route connects to the trail.

Of course, I'm sure it won't take long before it becomes a sandy, whooped-out, sh*t hole once all the useless quads hit for a few days...... :ride:

Bikes cause whoops as bad as quads - we rode a section of the MCCCT south of Mio last weekend that was too narrow for quads and plenty whooped-out from motorcycles. :crazy:

Bikes cause whoops as bad as quads - we rode a section of the MCCCT south of Mio last weekend that was too narrow for quads and plenty whooped-out from motorcycles. :crazy:

Yeah, I know....just taking out my frustration on the quads is all.....they do add traffic volume, but I suppose they have as much right as the bikes do....just don't like 'em...... :ride: