400 E Got my Plate, YABADABADOOOOO!!!

Got my license plate today and didn't even have to get it inspected. Thank You Santa! Thank you long lines and freezing weather. I lost sleep over this one. I have the insurance and plan on keeping it up but this means I can cheat a little while exploring remote areas. Thank you lord for all your blessings. :):D:D:D Now I can do the white rim trail in Moab Utah and not get S___ from the rangers or anyone else.

Your lucky EZ. Washington St. Stopped licesing offraod bikes as of April of 2001. Isnt it nice to fly by the rangers? Would you do me a favour? And rise your butt up a little and hang them a BA for me? hahahahaha

Heck, all you need to do here in Mississippi is duct-tape your boat trailer tag to the rear fender and ride on. :)

hey ezgz,

what state did you get your tag in? i am about to do the paper work to try and get my tag in vermont on my 00e.any one else with some helpful info on doing this?

drrick, I live in CT and just gave VT dmv a call and asked them to mail me a motorcycle registration form. The only time you might have a problem is if your bike is over 300cc's,then you have to get a title for it.(I got a plate for my 300 exc,still have to get one for my 400e)


i was hoping they would take my (certificate of origin) and convert it to a title for my 400e.now you have me worried.i have already printed the (form) off the computer.or is there something else i need?

FMFDRZ01: I will be more than happy to salute those rangers as I ride by! Acutually they are just doing there job like you and me but some of them have a real attitude problem.

drrick: I hang my Helmet in Colorado wear there are thousands and thousands of acres of parks and recreation area's. Most of them are vertical rock cliffs but they are nice to look at.

Here you need a VIN verification and a certificate of equipment compliance statement. It states that you have:

Head Lamp

Tail & Stop Lamps & Reflectors

Brakes-at least one wheel

Horny- (all the time)!

Muffler-no excessive or unusual noise ??????

Mirror-left side

Tires-designed for highway use. ( Rubber works)?

Bigger than 50cc- Qualified!


You know you are from Colorado when ..

you know the 'correct' pronunciation of Buena Vista.

You think there are only 3 seasons: elk,football,

and skiing.

April showers bring May blizzards.

You see someone riding a DRZ 400 in a snowstorm, and you look closer to see if it's someone you know.

Timberline is someplace you have actually been, many times.

You know who Alfred Packer was.

SPF 90 is not out of the question.

People from other states breathe 5 times as often as you do.

Having a Senator named 'Nighthorse' doesn't seem strange.

A full moon has never kept you awake.

You have an $800 stereo in a $300 truck.

You have a business degree and are frying burgers at a McDonald's in Vail.

You own a big dog named Aspen, Buck, Cheyenne or Dakota that wears a bandanna.

You think a pass does not involve a football or a woman.

You are 82 years old and take up snowboarding.

Your real Y2K fear was running out of Celestial Seasonings tea and trail mix.

The entire top of your head is bald, but you still have a pony tail.

You get depressed after one day of cloudy weather.

You think that formal wear is ironed denim.

North means "mountains to the left;" south is "mountains to the right;"

and east and west are where all those liberals keep moving in from.

You go anywhere else on the planet and the air feels "sticky" and you notice the sky is no longer blue.

You consider a three-piece suit to be a pair of shorts, a sweatshirt, and Birkenstocks.

You can run up 10 flights of stairs without huffing and puffing.

You have stood on solid ground and looked down on an airplane in flight.

In Colorado there is an additional season... "Road Construction."


drrick, sent me your email address and I will tell you what I did to get a VT plate for my E.

Some questions first:

1.did you buy the bike new?

2.do you have a MSO?

3. did you pay tax?

4.do you have insurance?

5.do you want a plate for just occassional road use or are you using the bike for commuting long distances frequently?



1-yes new

2-yes mso

3-yes receipt showing tax

4-no dont have but i will get it if needed

5-will never get on the road at all if i dont have to.i race h/s & enduros.but i want to start doing some dual sport rides in and out of state. so i need a tag to ride in national forrest and to link trails.thanks

e-mail- drrick@premier-isp.com

I just go a used drze yesterday and am anxious to get licensed. Which cant be done here unless comes from other state that way. So can some one walk us all thru the Vermont procedure.

Also wonder about gearing changes, have 14/50 on my dr350 should I gear drz the same?

suz1000s,look at the the questions from drz400pa. then e-mail me i will tell what info he gave me.you can still get a tag buying used just have a different process than new.

EZ ......your right they are doing a job. With excessive tudes. Oh well happy wheeling :)

You can go to fuorstrokes only.com for complete title registration info. for all states. I am a CA red sicker and hate it. Is there a easy way?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now