Battery is D.R.T.

I don't think there is such a thing as a "good deal" on any battery. The manufacturers have us by the short hairs when it comes to battery shopping. Your choices are Yuasa, or Yuasa and then theres also Yuasa if you know what I mean. Whatever you do, do not buy a used battery. Believe it or not, I know some people that would. Recommend a good quality battery charger when you get a new battery. Not the MIT type of tender, get a "smart" charger or conditioner that has good voltage regulation and charges at a low rate (1-1.5 amp). I have had good luck with the "Accumate" brand. It has the pig-tail connector that you dangle off the battery terminals for convienance, and has the universal alligator clamps for other applications. Still using the original battery in my 04 TC450, and I have killed that battery on several occasions while out in the boondocks.

Jerry

sorry to hear about the dead battery, you could always do what i did to my '04 TC 450, slap a kick start kit on it (like i wish it had come with orriginally). i LOVE having that back up with me now... though don't get me wrong.... other than making sure it worked i still just excersize my right thumb to start it :crazy: but if you need any advice in installing the kit lemme know.... the only complaint i had was the kit didn't come with an install manual. all i had to do was post here and i had people lining up to send me the shop manual article on installing the kit :ride: course the downside to that was the instructions were for pre-kit modification so i also had to get the kit modification installation instructions and spend about two hours pouring over the two books and figuring out exactly what steps needed to be modified and how :ride: but after that the install went EASY so like i said... shoot me a pm if you have any questions on the install.