Airbox melted on to muffler ! ! HELP !

My airbox melted on to my muffler :ride: (2004 YZ450, stock)! I was warming up the bike (standing still) and decided to shut the bike down. WHen I did I noticed smoke :crazy: . Upon looking closer I saw the airbox melting on to the muffler. Can the airbox be easily replaced ? I guess the bike must be running pretty rich. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to repair it and where to get a new or used airbox? How ahard is it to replace? Thanks Guys !

Kevin

what year and model bike do you have? The airbox is easy to replace and run about $40-45 from the dealer depending on your bike. You reuse the rubber boot and swap the box out.

HOWEVER, first you better find out why it melted. Never let your bike idle for more than a few minutes sitting still....as you found out they get really hot really fast! Make sure your mid-pipe is not bent or something weird that is causing it to touch the airbox.

Sounds like the subframe or somehting is bent

Sounds like the subframe or somehting is bent

Something is amiss

Nothing is bent. Bike was standing still for about 10 mins. It hadn't been run in a long time. How hard is it to remove the airbox? Does the subframe have to be removed?

Kevin

Remove the subframe, it takes very little time and effort. The airbox comes out very easy.

Nothing is hard to do on these bikes.

I have one from an 02 426...If it would fit id sell it. :crazy:

Nothing is bent. Bike was standing still for about 10 mins. It hadn't been run in a long time. How hard is it to remove the airbox? Does the subframe have to be removed?

Kevin

10min too long yikes it got really hot...........I never run mine idling more than a minute or 2 ... check you coolant level for overflow

I believe you can even just remove the top bolts on the subframe and loosen the ones off the bottom and move your subframe just get enough room to remove your box.