Sign in to follow this  

Padded shorts ?

My wife son and I went riding yesterday and on the way home she was saying that some padding in the crotch area would help alot. Does anyone ride with padded compression shorts ? The only ones she is interested in are the ones with the padded crotch . Any help would be great and THANK YOU MIGHTY THUMPETTES :crazy::ride::ride:

Can't help you, I avoid padding as much as possible, out here in the tropical climate any padding would quickly become a soggy sponge. :ride:

Just wondering, is she standing as much as she should/could? I can see a potential need for such padding if riding fast through twisties in the woods, but when I rode in the So Cal desert you generally spend 90% of the time standing, so don't really see a need for it. Just a thought.

Good luck! :crazy:

Ain't nothing wrong with padded shorts (as a friend calls them - mumble pants). They feel wierd walking around in them but are good. I've got non-mumble pants & mumble pants & prefer the mumble pants.

To see if they would help before buying them (for cheap) would be to get an old-fashioned type of sanitary pad (did I really say that) & see if it helps - but then again, that might cause chafing.

Best way would be to try - plenty of people do wear them (mumble pants - not sure about the pads hahahaha).

Michelle

Bicycle shorts could help pad that region well also. But in the summer there might be heat issues!

I wear msr riding shorts under my pants on long rides or races. They have a crotch pad that helps some.

I wear 'bike' shorts under my pants all the time, not the thick padded type, more of a thin cotton/spandex. It's more comfortable than just having your bare legs against whatever your pants are made of.

I started wearing them about 5 month's ago, my husband finally convinced me, he really raved about them. So I haven't experienced the really warm weather yet but they are comfortable and help with monkey butt (I think it's called that). I'm a 50/50 stand/sit rider but my husband stands 95% of the time. Our rides are usually long, 5-7 hours, so if if you are going from a stand to sit regularly, that's alot of butt rubbage.

I have no complaints.

after some uncomfortabel experience with creeping underware

I tried riding with padded bicycle shorts

Georgia summer makes you sweat even before you get on the bike

now please try to imagine something warm, wet, spongy-soft in your pants :lol:

I tried different cuts of panties until I found some that do not try to ride up and stocked up on them :crazy:

edit:

maybe me riding standing most of the time makes the padded shorts feel even worse, because then they can move a little :ride::cheers:

but who would ride sitting down on her own free will? :ride:

how do you gain control over your bike sitting down?

maybe your wife (another one of those women without a voice of her own?) should learn to ride standing rather than search for pants with a GoldWing seat built in

I used padded shorts year round. I have some for summer that have mesh and don't get too soaked.

I have a pair of EVS mesh padded shorts and a pair of Moose padded shorts. Both have padding only in the center, and i't's more of a chamois than thick padding. Both are thin spandex and are not any hotter in the summer than anything else would be, but it's not humid up here even when it's 100 degrees out. Oh and you probably don't want to wear shorts AND panties because that's just too many layers. Those boy short panties are about the worst out there for creeping.

after some uncomfortabel experience with creeping underware

I tried riding with padded bicycle shorts

Georgia summer makes you sweat even before you get on the bike

now please try to imagine something warm, wet, spongy-soft in your pants :cheers:

I tried different cuts of panties until I found some that do not try to ride up and stocked up on them :crazy:

edit:

maybe me riding standing most of the time makes the padded shorts feel even worse, because then they can move a little :cheers::cheers:

but who would ride sitting down on her own free will? :cheers:

how do you gain control over your bike sitting down?

maybe your wife (another one of those women without a voice of her own?) should learn to ride standing rather than search for pants with a GoldWing seat built in

:cheers::cheers: First of all I did not post in this section to get bashed by a man hating inbred lesbo from the south! Trust me my wife has a voice of her own she simply asked me if I would post for her. And the idea of me forcing her to sit while riding is stupid! It was her 3rd ride and she is very unsure of her ability . So maybe I should BARK COMMANDS at her and DESTROY her CONFIDENCE so she will NEVER RIDE AGAIN then I can just ride with my buddies,DRINK BEER ,SCRATCH OURSELVES AND BEAT OUR WIVES !!! GET A LIFE :ride::ride::lol:

I have a pair of EVS mesh padded shorts and a pair of Moose padded shorts. Both have padding only in the center, and i't's more of a chamois than thick padding. Both are thin spandex and are not any hotter in the summer than anything else would be, but it's not humid up here even when it's 100 degrees out. Oh and you probably don't want to wear shorts AND panties because that's just too many layers. Those boy short panties are about the worst out there for creeping.
:crazy::ride:

FIRECRACKER THANK YOU !!! You always have something positive to say for a reply ! Sorry about my RANT but when someone suggests that I dont respect my wife those are FIGHTING WORDS ! Thanks again for the help the EVS shorts look great . :ride::lol::cheers:

:crazy::ride:

FIRECRACKER THANK YOU !!! You always have something positive to say for a reply ! Sorry about my RANT but when someone suggests that I dont respect my wife those are FIGHTING WORDS ! Thanks again for the help the EVS shorts look great . :ride::lol::cheers:

All I know is you are a good man trying to help your wife out. I got some bicycle shorts to wear mtn biking & keep trying to remember to take them dirtbiking!!!! They are the nice breathable type. If I ever remember I can report on them. I do know that when mtn biking I did a lot of sitting & standing and the shorts did help that unpadded area down there. Especially since only the cruiser bicycles come with the what I joked around as Wide-Glide seats. Sorry it is a Harley thing.

bashed by a man hating inbred lesbo from the south

whow!

if you bark at your wife the way you bark at me ...

bashed? no, at least I did not intend to, how would I know you are soo sensitive

man hating? definitely NO

inbred? pretty sure NO

lesbo? tried 15 or 20 years ago, no thanks

from the south? YES, but not YOUR south :ride:

oh and your excuse, the 3rd ride ... not a good excuse :crazy:

not a good teacher :ride:

:ride::ride: First of all I did not post in this section to get bashed by a man hating inbred lesbo from the south!

Boy I call some little kid that posts some idiotic suggestion about riding topless and can't post in English a dumb azz and get edited but this is okay? :crazy:

Fiep simply offered a solution for your wife's problem and you took that as saying you don't respect your wife? Dude, get a grip. :lol:

I wear my bicycle shorts when I'm racing, but usually only in the cooler weather and I like them fine. I don't care for them in the warmer weather though, I hate that soggy feeling. :crazy:

It's wonderful that your wife is riding, and I'm sure she'll introduce herself when she's ready!

If you have any pull...especially at this stage encourage her to stand.(Something to do with bad habits and riding ability)

Peace and Happy Trails.

Kimberly

I'm going to post here and dodge bullets at the same time :ride:

I, too, wear the EVS mesh shorts with the "chamois" seat. Still getting used to it. I only wear them because I need something under my knee braces.

I think I could seriously do without the extra stuff in the seat. I feel like I'm wearing a diaper.

I'm thinking once she gets used to riding, that area will toughen up a bit and it won't bother her.

I'm a freak for undergarments, so I do wear my regular skivies under them.

Let's face it, I don't think there is riding or protective gear that is truly comfortable.

Learn at your own pace--but-- Keep riding, sistah!!!! :crazy:

My wife has tried the chamois padded shorts and hates them!! She says the stitching rubs the insides of her thighs.

Then she's real tender in that area for a few days and.....well...that sucks for me :crazy: