TIS THE SEASON FOR TORTURE

Both my buds have a drz 400e. I'm sick and tired hearing about this stupid button and how light they are. If they are so great, explain why i smoke both these guys when we hit anything that requires any kind of torque? They look like a bunch of two strokes trying to scream up these mountains. I putt right up almost anything in second gear at 5 mph. I was tempted to shift to first one time but i didnt want to destroy the trail for future riders. The DRZ 400e has no torque, which explains the need for the button. I guess i would want a button if i was stalled all day long on the sides of hills too....ha ha

signed, BIG XR's

p.s. if you have to add aftermarket engine items to a stock bike.....your buying the wrong bike to begin with.

So they just let you win an odd time to keep you riding with them.

Drz riders are gents eh?

there is a couple for sale on here if you want one with that great magic button? ?

Den

PS Did i mention the electric start feature.....

Dust Eater (er, I mean sh!t Eater, uh, er, oops, I meant Dust Maker - sorry ), yeah, Dust Maker,

Which XR do you own? Must be a 600 or a 650 'cause I unloaded my XR400 for the DRZ-E, and I know it has *less* torque than the DRZ. Yeah, those big XR's do great at low rpm - kinda like my buddy's great big old Plymouth 440 back in high school. In fact, the XR600/650 and a '72 Plymouth have *alot* in common...both handle and corner about the same, weigh about the same, take jumps and do air equally well, etc. etc. A real marvel of modern technology, both of 'em.

Keep up the good work...you'll go far ;^)

-Gear

[ December 20, 2001: Message edited by: Gear ]

Dust Maker, I haven't seen any of your post on the XR side. You know we have one right? Do your two buddies who ride the DR's visit ThumperTalk? We are glad that you have decided to join us. We would like to hear from your buddies as well. When you tried your friends DR how did you think it compared to the XR. This kind of feed back is most welcomed since it comes up in conversation alot. Check out the XR side and you will see what I mean. A bunch of us will be doing a Mojave ride right after the first of the year. It would be awsome if you could join us. Los Vegas isn't that far away and it should be a great ride. Try to make it if you can. Paul

Originally posted by Dust Maker:

Both my buds have a drz 400e. I'm sick and tired hearing about this stupid button and how light they are. If they are so great, explain why i smoke both these guys when we hit anything that requires any kind of torque? They look like a bunch of two strokes trying to scream up these mountains. I putt right up almost anything in second gear at 5 mph. I was tempted to shift to first one time but i didnt want to destroy the trail for future riders. The DRZ 400e has no torque, which explains the need for the button. I guess i would want a button if i was stalled all day long on the sides of hills too....ha ha

signed, BIG XR's

p.s. if you have to add aftermarket engine items to a stock bike.....your buying the wrong bike to begin with.

Dust Maker or should I call you trouble maker? ?:D (yes, I'm just razzing you!) Is is possible that you are just a better rider than your friends? I think we all agree that the rider makes the greatest difference. Now, the KTM 520 has PLENTY of torque and like the DRZe, has an ebutton. This is contrary to your theory. I'm a little envious of those with ebuttons myself! Maybe I should add one to my torque challenged WR400? :D:D

Bryan