Sign in to follow this  

Pro Circuit Linkage

Any one here using the Pro Circuit linkage? Can you tell a difference in the handling of the bike?

Did you have the suspension done in addition to changing the linkage?

i was thinking about getting one too, especially since i cant get gold valves yet.

Any one here using the Pro Circuit linkage? Can you tell a difference in the handling of the bike?

Did you have the suspension done in addition to changing the linkage?

Just had re valve done by ENZO. They do suspension testing with Kawi. I think Ross also works for Kayaba and rides a 450kx himself. He does not recommend the pull rods. Correct spring rates and valving are the way to go. Stay away from "gizmo" pull rods and "gold valves" for your answers. Just bling IMO. Re valve solved problems I was having with small chop. Currently running 5.6 rear spring / 4.8 front. Could potentially go with 5.7 rear.

I'm 195lb. Vet/Ex.

Just had re valve done by ENZO. They do suspension testing with Kawi. I think Ross also works for Kayaba and rides a 450kx himself. He does not recommend the pull rods.

Honestly, did you think he would recommend a competitor's product? That's like Ford recommending you drive a Chevy.

um, gold valves are a revavle, you just have to do it yourself.

Not so sure on that. From what I have seen they are trying to sell you on a product that allows better flow of fluid. Not a bad idea, but current forks do really well on that already. Custom re-valve to your specific requirements are where you involve the Enzos, Pro Circuits, etc. I do not believe you get that from the "gold valve".

Honestly, did you think he would recommend a competitor's product? That's like Ford recommending you drive a Chevy.

Actually I would. Nothing magic about PCs link arm. I think they are 1mm shorter or so. Anyone can have them made, stamp your name on them and have their own. Endless hours of testing with link arms and linkage have been done with factory Kawi by Enzo.. Ross say's they end up back at the stock ratios for the best results. Personally I have not ridden the PC link with re-valve. Dirt rider / Jimmy Lewis, said he liked it. Not a bad recommendation. The correct spring and re-valve by Enzo makes the already good KX450 suspension better. RIDE :crazy:

• Like 1

what does pc do when they revalve your suspention??? they modify the valves, and put the correct shims in for your weight ability and what not, springs are optional, when you get a gold valve kit you get the gold valve which has been midified to how race tech sees fit, and you get a shim kit, you go to thei web sight and look up your settings and put the propper shims in, springs are also optional, so its the same thing, just a diff company.....and you have to do the work, i have used them for a long time and really like them and how they make my suspension work, i have never had pc or anyone like that do my suspension so i cant say that i wouldnt like them better, im just trying to save some money and improve my suspension.

As far as gold valves go, they do flow much more oil, but rely entirely on the base valve. The KX450 forks (stock) rely heavily on the mid valve and have small ports on the base valve.

do you have to but the whole linkage to get the improvement to the suspention, or can you just put the pull rods on??

Went to the track today for the first time with the new Pro Circuit linkage. It made a world of difference, for the better, helping the bike corner. I had to slow the rebound a couple of clicks, but it was a totally different bike in the corners.

I just sent my stuff to factory connection yesterday. One of their guys "Chris" spent about 30 mins with me going over the stuff they had to offer and explained everything. I asked him about the front end pushing. He said that they make linkage arm for the honda but not for the kawi. He told me that Pro Circuit makes one and he told me that if I still have problems after I get my stuff back that I should look into getting one from PC. He told me he already had the settings I would need to go with it. He thought that my problems should be fixed with the revalve... I was surprised that he did mention a competitors product..It made me feel good about sending my stuff there and they were going to do a good job...

Motocross Action Mag stated that they would slip the Pro Circuits linkage arms into the '08 KX450F as "it lowers the bike to a more usable seat height, stiffens the inital part of the stroke, and makes the chassis hold its balance through the bumps."

They also recomend replacing the 120/80 wide rear tire with a narrower 110/90 rear, as the smaller and rounder knob profiles allows the bike to roll into turns with less chug.

Tried both linkage and narrower rear tire.

Linkage requires a stiffer spring rate to work correctly and the tire did not help in my opinion. The bigger rear tire actually helps hook up on roll on right out of corners which I would rather have.

Went back to stock linkage and dropped fork height to 12 mm and sag to 102 - 105 and found better all around performance.

Excited to see what the raised swing arm pivot and linkage angle does for the 09.

Save your money on the linkage and get good valving and play with set up and you will be golden.

and keep the 120 rear (mad hook up!)

Thanks Open_Class, considering the linkage was going to cost about $250 and a 6-8 week wait I'm glad you don't recomend it.

Have you found the sweet spot in suspension hard to dial in on the KX? I hear they are very sensitive to balance between the front and rear.

Its funny... this thread is over 2 years old. If you want more info on these there are numerous other threads on these links that are more recent. I myself run one, and I think it made a pretty noticable difference, it feels like it settels a little better into turns, and actually turns quite a bit better. I personally would not listen to a thing Enzo tells me, I had my stuff done by them, and even after numerous phone calls and conversations about my preferred setup, they still gave me the exact opposite of what I asked for, I am very disappointed in them and will not be a return customer.

Tried both linkage and narrower rear tire.

Linkage requires a stiffer spring rate to work correctly and the tire did not help in my opinion. The bigger rear tire actually helps hook up on roll on right out of corners which I would rather have.

Went back to stock linkage and dropped fork height to 12 mm and sag to 102 - 105 and found better all around performance.

Excited to see what the raised swing arm pivot and linkage angle does for the 09.

Save your money on the linkage and get good valving and play with set up and you will be golden.

and keep the 120 rear (mad hook up!)

Listen to Dom (Open_Class)...

I have mentioned in several of the "Linkage Debates" that good valving will do much more for your bike than the linkage. In all actuality I prefered the non-linkage set-up with valving over the linkage set-up by far. I have done several tests in excellent conditions to very dry conditions. Note: If you do not send your bike in for valving, the linkage does help by lowering the rear (10mm) which needs to be compensated with 11-12mm for height. The bike will settle better in breaking and accelerator bumps, corner better because you have lowerd the engine to bring the weight "forward" to drive the front end down.

The 09 will be spot on with there changes...23mm offset, higher swingarm pivot and valving changes should make this bike the top of the class for handling and cornering...

Great input guys and sorry for digging out an old thread pinto24

. . . just did a search and come up trumps.

So for shorter riders this wouild be a good deal . . but VETMX808 you recon that it didn't work so good once you got you valving done, how so?

The "plushness" was not there. The valving is made to work with the stock linkage by compensating the High Speed Valving to be stiffer in the initial stroke (same thing the PC link does), thus if you add the PC link and the valving the back does not track as well because the initial stroke is too stiff.