Sign in to follow this  

small replacement tank - need help

guys, does anyone know if there is an 01 yellow plastic tank made that is not oversized? i want the weight savings & durability of the plastic over the metal stock S tank, but do not want the extra fuel weight of a desert tank.

you might be able to get one from suzuki but it will be expensive.

if you find one can you email me the link

thx

Ask if there is anyone on the site with a big tank willing to sell the stock tank!

i bought an ims 3 gal plastic tank for my drz400s. i wanted a small tank and wanted to remove the metal tank. the dealer wanted 495.00 for a stock drz400e tank. the ims tank was the smallest i could find.they make two sizes i think mine is the 3.2 size and they make a 3.9 . the 3.9 was too big. i paid 180.00 for the tank. the shop where i bought it did not include the mounts, but a call to ims and i had the brackets 2 days later. the parts guy at the dealer had his head buried in the sand.

Well I guess I was sleeping. What can I say.

I wanted to keep all the stock lights and tank but you know what, I'll never put it back on.

I like the big ass 4.2 gal tank becaues it protects the radiators. If I do a local ride I just put 2 gal of gas in. This carries the weight lower on the bike and make it easer to ride.

moredesert, i think that is the tank i want, that's just a bit more than i have to spend.

timmy2by4, well make me an offer. I need new plastic for my bike. The tank has the shrouds and fuel cap with new stickers.

timmy2by4 if iwere you i would go for that tank. provided it was not all scratched up, check and make sure the brackets you have will work or they come with the tank.

correction on those tanks. the drz400s tank hasn't any brackets that work for the offroad tank. check it out well timmy2by4.

correction on those tanks. the drz400s tank hasn't any brackets that work for the offroad tank. check it out well timmy2by4.